cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing value to the Tabstrip !

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've recently installed CE 7.1 The main goal we want to achieve here is a tab based application that passes a single value (such as article number) and then launches the component or model in each tab when the tab is clicked on.

Currently, i'm able to pass values to the tabstrip either all at one time or clicking on a button inside the tab. Running the components all at one time isn't desirable as this will result in longer runtimes than desirable as the user may only be concerned with information in one or two tabs. The button action inside a tab isn't great either as the user requires two clicks for each action (one to open the tab and then one to run the component). Any ideas?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We understand that this feature is needed. Therefore we have added it to our feature list. You are welcome to stay updated through SDN in future releases.

Thanks,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i read this correct you want a lazy Tabstrip. "It does not load its data until the moment when user actually activates the tab", but with VC you can't set an action on a Tab.

The onyl chance I see is the use of a WebDynpro Application inside VC:

/people/siarhei.pisarenka3/blog/2009/12/27/effective-webdynpro-applications-lazy-tabs-in-tabstrip

regards Tobias

Edited by: Tobias Arnold on Apr 7, 2010 8:59 AM