cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: object variable or with block variable not set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error "object variable or with block variable not set" while trying to submit data through an Input schedule.

I am working on SAP BPC 7.0 NW and using MS Excel 2003.

I can log in to BPC Admin and excel with my user id and password.

Only when i am trying to click esubmit --> send and refresh schedules i am getting this error.

I checked my security profile and i have the submit data task in my task profile.

Following couple existing SDN postings i tried to check the ADD-INs of the excel on my system. However it looks like the steps listed in the existing SDN posts are for MS EXCEL 2007.

Please suggest me how do i resolve this issue. Please note I am working on SAP BPC 7.0 NW and using MS Excel 2003.

Regards,

Jagat

Edited by: Jagat Mishra on Apr 7, 2010 12:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagat,

This error can occur if there is a restricted character (ie. &) in the name of the input schedule. Please review the schedule name to ensure that it contains only alphabetic, numeric, and underscore characters.

Thanks,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Looks like your suggestion worked for me. Thanks alot for providing the solution.

However i would like to know is this restriction only for the input templates. Beacuse in my last project which is a BPC 7.0 MS project i had named several BPC reports with special characters like '&'.

Also i have assigne you points on SDN for your help.

Thanks,

Jagat

Answers (0)