cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to find an available Report Application Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been receiving the following error message with trying to run a sample using managedRAS "Failed to find an available "Report Application Server." I was able to get around this issue by turning off the firewall on my windows 7 machine. I am planning to deploy to a windows 2008 server and do not want to turn off the firewall. I have added an exception to allowing port 6400 through but i still get the error. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to the Security info on how to assign ports to BOE servers. Then you can open that port for your Managed RAS application.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm am new to crystal reports server so I'm unsure what the BOE servers. I have done the default install and have not altered any ports. I did a wire shark on a windows 7 box that i could turn off the firewall to see what ports were being used which were 40075,40186 and 40265. When i tried to use these settings on my windows 2008 box it was getting the original error. Could you please point me where i would find these ports? Would it be with in the Central Management Console? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Moved your post to the Businessobject Enterprise forum to assist you in configuring the various Ports.

0 Kudos

Hi,

the servers are choosing there ports randomly expect CMS, IFRS and OFRS.

nail down the ras port with the command line "-requestport xxxx"

Check the Admin Guide for more informations. Chapter "Working with Firewalls"

REgards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the Admin document below which was provided to me mentions the requestport switch but not where you would add it in the RAS server. Any help would be appreciated.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_bip_admin_en.pdf

Answers (0)