cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want indepth information on Datasources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to learn about the Bi content datasources one by one of all areas in detailed.I searched all the sdn and help.sap.com but could not find the way i wanted.I found a how-to-guide pdf on inventory management which clearly explains about the inventory datasources.Similarly Is there any place where I can get complete info on all the datasources.I even searched for any books in sap press but found none.

If any one knows any book name or any pdf's or any links that can give the necessary information on the data sources, please share with me.I would be glad to get some help from any one of you.

I searched to my ability in the SDN and sap documentation found nothing to my requirement then only I am posting this message.

Thanks in advance

Vats

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extractors are one of the data retrieval mechanisms in the SAP source system.

DataSources for transferring data from SAP source systems are defined in the source system; the relevant information of the DataSources is copied to the BI system by replication. In this case one speaks of DataSource replication in the BI system.

You can run generic data extraction in the R/3 source system application areas such as LIS, CO-PA, FI-SL and HR. This is how LIS, for example, uses generic extraction to read info structures. DataSources are generated on the basis of these (individually) defined info structures.

Datasources in BI 7.0 & infosource (bw3.5) is Same.

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vats,

There is no one document that discusses all the business content datasources delivered by SAP for all application areas however if you search for datasource and a particular component area like FI, CO, LO etc you should be able to find detailed information on the available datasources for that application area on the SAP help, please check the link http://help.sap.com/ and use the search option.

Best Regards,

Des