Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Concept

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have a question related to this concept.....

1. I set my webi report to open as refresh.....

Will it get data directly from the cube? If there is no change in the data (delta) in the cube will webi identify that and get still get data from cache?

2. If the report is Not "set to refresh" on open and when there is change in Cube(Delta...addition of records ) will Webi identify the delta and automatically refresh the report on open?

3.Is there any setting where i can provide such a functionality for users in BO?

4. in any case when there is change in the Infocube , and without providing " refresh on open" for Webi reports how can users get latest data as and when there is delta in the Infocube?

i cannot provide refresh on open for reports...thats would load webi server greatly...for a large list of users we have.

Any inputs greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question related to this concept.....

1. I set my webi report to open as refresh.....

Will it get data directly from the cube? If there is no change in the data (delta) in the cube will webi identify that and get still get data from cache?

>> Each time you open the report, the report will connect to the underlying source and refresh the data - yes.

2. If the report is Not "set to refresh" on open and when there is change in Cube(Delta...addition of records ) will Webi identify the delta and automatically refresh the report on open?

>> If you do not set the option to "refresh on open" then the user has to manually refresh the report.

3.Is there any setting where i can provide such a functionality for users in BO?

>> The refresh of a report is not yet integrated into a process chain. what you could do is to leverage eventing from BusinessObjects Enterprise - for example file event - and build a solution.

example: cube data is uploaded - file "data updated.txt" is being created on location "server" - Web Intelligence services recognize the file - Report is being scheduled and an instance is being created.

Ingo

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo

Answers (0)