Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture Labor cost in PM Order

sunilv_dev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all;

I have a question for you.

I am have 3 mechanics at plant with different hourly rates for activity internal labor LABO.

We created a work center for each of this mechanic and assigned to a cost center 110010 with activity LABO and hourly rate.

Technician Rate Acitivity

T1 $10/Hr LABO

T2 $20/Hr LABO

T3 $30/Hr LABO

I wan to capture a cost of individual technician who has worked on PM order.

e.g. If technician T2 worked on a PM order 1 for 3 hours and T1 worked for 2 hours, I should be able to capture $60 + $20 = $80.

Can I capture this information after settlement of PM order??

How this can be done??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridev,

1) For 3 mechanics u need to create 3 different Act types.

2) Do Price Planning for all 3 Act types in KP26 with resp price.

3) Assign all 3 Act types to single Work Center in IR01/02. ( not need to create seperate Work centers for Act types)

4) while processing of Order, u need to choose respective Act Types to capture cost of resp Technician. (If 2 Technician

worked for a maint activity, u can mention their Act types to capture their cost in two different operations.)

I hope it might clear ur doubts, plz correct me if i was wrong....

Regards,

Amol.

sunilv_dev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

The problem is activity types. I can assign only 6 activity types to a work center.

If I have 10 mechaqnics with 10 different labor rates. I can create 10 activities as below.

ML01 - $10

ML02 - $20

ML03 -$30

ML04-$40

ML05-$50

ML06-$60

ML07-$70

ML08-$80

ML09-$90

ML10-$100

I have a work center called "MECH". I can only assign 6 activity types to that particular work center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how about creating two Work Centers:

Mech-01 - $10 - $50

Mech-02 - $60 - $100

Then, attach them both to WC Mech and dispatch accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to assign more than 6 activity types to the work center through Cost center . Where are you getting this error?

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Create 10 activity types and assign to the cost center through KP26 with respective cost. No need to assign these activiy types to the workcenter.

While creating order, select the required activity type in the operation tab. No need to go for second or dummy workcenter.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Tridev,

You can assign more than 6 activity types to maintenance work center. Please share the error which you are getting in doing so.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridev,

here no need to create 2 different work centers. Do following things,

1. Create 10 Activity types in Kl01

2. Do Price Planning in KP26 for all 10 activity types with single Cost center.

3. Enter "Formula key for Costing" under the "Costing" Tab below 'Activity Overviews' table

4. while creating Maint order, use any of the Activity type in 'Operation' tab

you'll get labour cost as per ur requirement...

for any clarification plz feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its good that you would not have to create extra ones. But that brings up another question. If the user is going to specify different activity types in the work order based on different labor, isn't that a kind of dispatching? If that is the case, i'd rather go with 10 Work Centers (which aren't dummy work centers but represent Employees). Or, is it for one entity that "charges" different labor rates for different services which are determined during Work Order creation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For activity type LABO, you can assign only one price may be 10 or 20 or 30. So create two more activity type assign the required price. In workcenter assign these activity types..

Now you can see the individual activity price in the order and after settlement.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to capture the same at the time confirmation of the operation using transactions IW41 or IW42 or IW44 or CAT2. Make sure to use the right activity type when entering the same in the above transactions.

Regards

Narasimhan

sunilv_dev
Participant
0 Kudos

WHile doing revaluation, the system calculates average cost instead of assigning individual cost for the technician.

Any Idea???

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by revaluation? How is this relevant for activity prices and time entry?

Regards

Narasimhan