cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Replication from R/3 - SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm having trouble replicating existing material master from my backend system to SRM. The scenario is below:

R31 = Backend #1

R32 = Backend #2

SR1 = SRM System

R31 is already connected to SR1. R32 was created as a copy of R31. R32 was successfully connected to SR1 while R31 was brought down to be upgraded to ECC 6. Since R32 is an exact copy of R31 all the materials already exist in SR1, however the backend system is R31. I was able to successfully replicate product categories from the new R32, as well as NEW materials created in R32 replicate to SR1, however all the existing materials in R32 will not replicate to SR1.

I've looked at queues, filters, R3AM1, all show green or success. Can anyone suggest what to look at as to why new materials will replicate from R32 to SR1, but the existing ones will not?

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the notes first

872533 FAQ: Middleware

788822 Filtering does not work

720819 Middleware consumer entry for SRM in OLTP system

519794 EBP: Replication of materials with purchasing view

Summer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Summer, Raj,

Thanks for your suggestions. I looked at the OSS notes unfortunately nothing there was helpful as all the relevant settings were already made in our systems.

With regards to BDLS, I'm assuming this is used if/when we change our backend system. In this case we are not changing, we will be connecting R31 back to SR1 when it is upgraded to ECC6. In that case we will have two backends, R31 (ECC6) and R32 (4.7).

Unfortunately still not able to replicate existing materials, but new ones replicate successfully, so I don't think a filter or queues or connection is incorrectly set up?

regards,

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Onyedika,

Did you try to make an initial download ( R3AS ) for your R32 materials ?

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

I did run the initial load which took a few hours to complete, however the new materials for R32 are not reflected in table COMM_CATEGORY. Only 506 materials for R32 exist, whereas it should be closer to 220,000.

Below is output to r3am1.

Done      MATERIAL           03/31/2010 16:06:06       2221 R32                       SRM
Done      MATERIAL           03/08/2010 15:29:53       2220 R31                       SRM

regards,

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What about status for BDoc type PRODUCT_MAT and queue name R3AI* in SMW01 transaction ?

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just kicked off a new R3AS and I looked in smw01 and saw alot of BDoc validation errors. After selecting one entry and clicking "Show BDoc Message Errors/Receivers" icon (cog + red triangle) I saw the message:

10:19:56		Data for set COMM_PR_PUR_1 may only be changed in the original system R31	COM_PRODUCT	502	COMM_PR_PUR_1	13	LOGSYS
10:19:56		Old assignment between ZM02071922 and category 30210000 deleted	COM_PRCAT	203	COMM_PR_CATEGORY	14	CATEGORY_GUID
10:19:56		New assignment between ZM02071922 and category 30210000 created	COM_PRCAT	201	COMM_PR_CATEGORY	14	CATEGORY_GUID

I'm curious as to why the system did not treat it as a new material from R32? Instead it see's the material coming from R32 but complains only R31 can modify it? Does this mean duplicate material number from two different backends cannot co-exist in SRM. Each with a different backend and guid as with matching product categories?

regards

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Did you check if there is no mismatch between product logical system ( COMM_PRODUCT table) and its product category ( COMM_CATEGORY ) ?

And what about mismatch between catagory ID and its hiearchy ID in COMM_HIERARCHY transaction regarding logical system ?

You can also test manually FM COM_PR_SET_REL_MAINT_CHECK_PR for a material concerned.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

There is no mismatch in COMM_PRODUCT table as only the materials from R31 exist. The materials from R32, do not exist in the COMM_PRODUCT table.

Looking at the COMM_HIERARCHY table, I do see two entries for R3MATCLASS & R3PRODSTYP both with logical system R31.

Looking at COMM_CATEGORY table, the Category Hierarchy GUID field for all R32 product categories refer to the R3MATCLASS entry of COMM_HIERARCHY table which has R31 as the Logical system.

Do I need an entry in COMM_HIERARCHY which refers to R32 as the Logical system, then use that GUID for all R32 product categories? If so, how do I make that entry into COMM_HIERARCHY?

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Onyedika,

Before initial download for materials from R32 system, did you transfer customizing objects DNL_CUST_BASIS3, DNL_CUST_PROD0 and DNL_CUST_PROD1 in R3AS ?

By doing this, a new Category ID (linked to your new R/3 backend R32) should be created in COMM_HIERARCHY transaction. This new category should contain your product categories coming from R32 and should be linked to R3MATCLASS category (as for R31 product categories).

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

I did perform all those functions. I had some trouble initially but eventually resolved them. I followed the steps in the SAP blog for replicating materials.

I did notice field 'COMT_MULTI_SYS' (Categories from Sev. Systems) is marked true (has an X) for the R3MATCLASS entry of R31 in COMM_HIERARCHY. Could this be why a new entry was not created for R32? If so, how can that be changed? The F1 help on that field says "Hierarchy Contains Categories from Several Systems".

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can ask your basis consultant to run BDLS and change logical system from R31 to R32. I think it will help and all existing material will point to R32 instead of R31.

Regards,

Raj