Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have two questions,

1. We have scenario, were we need 6 decimal places example: 1 each = .055557.

How can I enter this value in material master additional data?

2. We have already SAP implemented done for few plants, now we are rolling out for one more plant, In that plant we have few material for which we need 6 decimals, The current system is configured for 3 decimal for Kgs. How can we Handel this?

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for additonal data : go to basic data view and click additional data and click on unit of measure

to change basic unit of measeure goto MM02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What do you want to enter in additional data? alternate unit of measure? then 1 EA = 1 each = .055557KG?

Then you need to enter 10000000EA = 55557KG then system will take care of rounding. You do not play with UOM settings in CUNI.

Regards

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply,

I cannot enter more then 5 Char in Addation data, i.e 10000000EA = 55557KG is not possible, so is there any other way to handle?

Venkat

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have hit a technical limitation. you cannot get any success by using the same material master. craete one for the big quantities and one for the tiny.

See OSS note 362932. It has all kind of information about conversion, rounding errors, recommendations on how to choose the correct base unit of measure.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

More decimal you keep, more issues will come. You can maintain the decimal places in Tcode CUNI.

If you want to change the existing unit of measure to new decimal places can be done. There should not be any open items either via stock or in the odering stage using the UOM.

Better create one new UOM and maintain the conversion in additional data in material master.

It will be easy.

Check this out.

Regards,

Raman