cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query CMS Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports XI. I have a situation where all of our reports that are scheduled to go out via email also have the notification for errors set to be sent to two default users. The business has finally set up an email alias for all of these failure notifications to go to, but now we need to change this in all of the reports (some 150+). Is there any way to run queries against the CMS database and update the data within it in one swoop? Seems everything is encrypted and in binary.

Please let me know if further information / clarification is required, and thanks in advance.

Sean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

The system information are in binary. Even with the SDK, if you don't really know where to update such information, you might potentially be spending a large amount of programming resources on this. If that's the case, the ROI might not be worthwhile.

You might want to consider either reconfiguring the original destination email address into an alias address, or just setting up rule in the email server to forward those emails to the new alias address instead.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it does. Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Although you can query the CMS database, you will not get any useful information because the useful part of the data in the database is encrypted.

you need to use either query builder or SDK to get something useful out of the CMS database.

@AK

0 Kudos

Moved to Business Objects Forum