Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

LDAP authentication with GRC 5.3 Password Self Service: User Id issue

Hello everyone,

I have setup LDAP Authentication (MS Active Directory) for Password Self Service in CUP v5.3 for the first time using the "Challenge Response Method". I have set the Authentication to LDAP and created the LDAP Connector. The Connection test was successful. I was able to log into Password Self Service using my LDAP user id and password and register myself for password self service. However, when I log back in and try to reset my password, I am getting an error because CUP is trying to look for my LDAP user id in SAP. My LDAP user ids are not the same as the SAP user ids.

For example I am logging into self service using my LDAP id alex.joseph but my user id in SAP is ajoseph. How does CUP know to map alex.joseph to ajoseph in SAP?

In the CUP Configuration --> Field Mapping --> LDAP mapping, I have mapped AC Field SAP_User_Id to LDAP field sAMAccountName. The SAP OSS ticket is talking of mapping AC Field LBL_SAP_USER_ID but I donu2019t see this as an available field for mapping in the drop down, I only see SAP_USER_Id.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Alex

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question