cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP authentication with GRC 5.3 Password Self Service: User Id issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have setup LDAP Authentication (MS Active Directory) for Password Self Service in CUP v5.3 for the first time using the "Challenge Response Method". I have set the Authentication to LDAP and created the LDAP Connector. The Connection test was successful. I was able to log into Password Self Service using my LDAP user id and password and register myself for password self service. However, when I log back in and try to reset my password, I am getting an error because CUP is trying to look for my LDAP user id in SAP. My LDAP user ids are not the same as the SAP user ids.

For example I am logging into self service using my LDAP id alex.joseph but my user id in SAP is ajoseph. How does CUP know to map alex.joseph to ajoseph in SAP?

In the CUP Configuration --> Field Mapping --> LDAP mapping, I have mapped AC Field SAP_User_Id to LDAP field sAMAccountName. The SAP OSS ticket is talking of mapping AC Field LBL_SAP_USER_ID but I donu2019t see this as an available field for mapping in the drop down, I only see SAP_USER_Id.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

You are almost there but you need to maintain one more field in your active directory. This field will point to your SAP user id. I have done this multiple times at my previous clients.

Fore Eg. this is what you will have in your LDAP:

sAMAccountName = alex.joseph

SAPID = ajoseph

And in CUP LDAP mapping map the AC Field 'SAP User ID' to LDAP field 'SAPID' as above.

As per my understaing, this is the only way to make it work.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh. This is what I was afraid of We have over 10k users here and populating this information in AD in not going to be an easy task. We may just go ahead and create these users in the UME instead and use that as the authentication source.

- Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

We are implementing CUP password self-services and have similar scenario where the user id's in LDAP and SAP are different.

I understand we need to create a attribute in ADS. But, I would like to clarify, whether we can use an existing unused attribute in ADS. For e.g, in our LDAP, streetAddress attribute is unused. Can i specify my SAP ID in this field and map the field in CUP as 'SAP User ID' to LDAP attribute 'streetAddress. Could you please suggest if this mapping will work. If not could you please let us know the procedure to create the attribute SAPID, and map it in CUP.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Junaid

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

this will work. Although I'd recommend using a new one to make the solution more future proof.

I'd also do the mapping in UME already if possible, so you don't even have to create the users for AC.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Many thanks for your response.

For password self-service, we intend to create a LDAP (Microsoft Active Directory) connector and use this as the authentication system for PSS.

The idea here is, the end user just needs to remember his/her's Active Directory password inorder to reset the SAP password.

In this case, will it benefit me if i create the mapping UME.

Thanks,

Junaid

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have the SAP user ID in LDAP you might as well use it to log users into GRC with their Windows password - otherwise you have a special password to use RAR, and the Windows password for CUP and password reset.

If you do the mapping in UME you can use the Windows password for all Netweaver AS Java applications.

Answers (0)