Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devpt Query

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ABAP Experts,

I am trying to develop an ABAP report/program from functional specification. Below are my questions as a ABAP beginner:

1. Assuming I have learned the basic ABAP programming concepts, techniques and had basic training, what is the starting point for developing a program or report based on simple standard functional specification? Where do I begin?

2. How do I begin to start programming? For example, do I start creating data elements, tables, structures, etc.? Is there a standard template or process for this?

3. How can I start creating ABAP technical specification based on functional specification? Is there a standard template or process to follow?

Any links, documentation, reference materials or tips/hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rajan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hello Rajan,

There are two ways of ABAP development: Procedural and Object Oriented. Depending on which way you want to go. You can develop your objects in either way or combine both. You would need to have or create data elements, structures and tables.

Regards,

John

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe an ABAP beginner, but not an SDN beginner:

>Total Questions: 32 (23 unresolved)

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Rajan,

There are two ways of ABAP development: Procedural and Object Oriented. Depending on which way you want to go. You can develop your objects in either way or combine both. You would need to have or create data elements, structures and tables.

Regards,

John

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Closing this thread as no further replies.