I have a following quote:

Dear !

I have a problem with send and receive email in SAP system following :

I want to test send and receive email in local network at my company. I

had two server

Server 1 : I setup Exchange Mail Server 2007 with domain controller is

fes.com

Server 2 : I setup SAP ERP ECC 6.0

On Server 1 : I created 2 account ( u1Afes.com and u2Afes.com ) and then I tested send and receive email between u1 and u2 in local network through Microsoft Outlook 2007 -> OK

and then

On Server 2: I had configured send and receive email on SAP system

through tcode SBWP, SCOT and SOST as Note 455140 - "Configuration of

e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP"

for example :

I logged in SAP system with user Basis01 (with email u1Afes.com ) -> then,using tcode SBWP -> new message -> send to u2Afes.com with Internet Mail type and then status message with green light -> sending ok

and then I have used Microsoft Outlook 2007, I logged with account u2 ->check email -> Ok. I saw message which send from u1

Finally, My problem is how can receive mail in SAP system without using Microsoft Outlook

For example:

Login system SAP with Basis01 account (with u1Afes.com ) -> tcode SBWP ->New Message -> send to u2Afes.com

and then

Login system SAP with Basis02 account (with u2Afes.com ) -> tcode ??? ->

To receive email from Basis01 (with u1Afes.com )

Please help me now

Thanks

I replace "@" with "A" because of banning email of this forum.

This quote is about sending email in local network. And we can't receive any email from the outside email address. Addition if I wanna send email to internal email in Internet (we've just tried with email address in local network) What should I config in SAP and Exchange ?

By the way, Is SAP Server IP added to Relay Agent for sending or receiving mail ?

Regards

An NLP

Edited by: An NLP on Apr 6, 2010 7:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the Step 5 of the SAP note 455140:

To be able to receive mails in the SAP system, you need to set your

mail server so that certain mail addresses are forwarded to one or

several SAP systems or clients.

Please also have a look at the attached note:

546147 SMTP plug-in: MS Exchange sends only to port 25

Yes. SAP Server IP is added to Relay Agent for sending or receiving mail.

You need to ask your mail server administrators to allow relay of mails

from your SAP Server Host / IP address to the email domains that you

want to send them to.

Also SAP SMTP plugin do not handle user/password during handshake

with SMTP server.

Best Regards,

David Liu

Active Global Support - Technology

SAP Asia Pacific

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved it with some configuration in the MS Exchange

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem

To configure SAP receieve emails in exchnage 2007

Can you give soe steps in brief?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

In SAP you just create the user to receive mail Tcode SU01 with user type: Service or System (I don't remember)

Next, you need to add this user for logon data of SAPconncet in TCode SICF

That's all in SAP.

With Exchange 2007 you need to config for relaying mail to SAP. I haven't configed in Exchange 2007 because my partner cared it but he said that he has configed normally for forwarding mail to IP of SAP server.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards

An NLP

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem is a classic problem of mail routing via Exchange. Exchange like most mail servers use the domain part of the email address as a means to route mails. So I will make an assumption that your main company mail addrss is "User @ fes.com".

So when you send a mail to the "User @ fes.com mail" address the mail is delivered to your Outlook mail address as this is the default route for company.

(Q) So how do you get your Exchange server to relay the mail into the sending SAP system?

(A) The easiest way would be to setup and unique mail domain for your SAP system. I always recommend "user @ client.sid.company.com" which in your case would be "u1 @ 100.PRD.fes.com". You can then instruct Exchange to send any emails addressed to 100.PRD.fes.com domain to your SAP system. Also using this format of address you can configure multiple mail connections into multiple SAP systems.

(A) Another answer would be to enter the "Full" email address (LOcal and Domain part of address) into the routing rule for Exchange e.g. "U1 @ fes.com" so that all emails addressed to this user will be delivered into SAP. However this method requires a lot of Admin as you will have to update Exchange with ALL email address that need to receive emails. Also if your corporate mail address is "U1 @ fes.com" then all mails will be forwarded to SAP.

I would definitely NOT recommend this method but the decision is up to you.

P.S. The IP address of the SAP system is entered into the mail header of the email. This is standard practice in SMTP relay. You can suppress this header in Exchange

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Mulvey

(A) Another answer would be to enter the "Full" email address (LOcal and Domain part of address) into the routing rule for Exchange e.g. "U1 @ fes.com" so that all emails addressed to this user will be delivered into SAP. However this method requires a lot of Admin as you will have to update Exchange with ALL email address that need to receive emails. Also if your corporate mail address is "U1 @ fes.com" then all mails will be forwarded to SAP.

I would definitely NOT recommend this method but the decision is up to you.

Maybe, it's suitable with me. What should I do in the MS Exchange with this method ?

Regards

An NLP