cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLANES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have a DC & a Plant. Forecast is on the DC & Stock is on the Plant. I want to run CTM on DC. In this case i need a Tlane from the DC -> SOURCE.

I am unclear with the concept of Tlane here:

1. I know for sure i need a Tlane from DC to the Plant (where DC is the Source & Plant Destination).

2. Do i need a Tlane from Plant to DC (where Plant is the Source & DC is the Destination).

Best Regards,

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The T-lane for components from plant to vendor needs to be standard one.

Award points if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more point to be mentioned. When the forecast release happened on the Plant itself then the pegging was perfect but thats not the ideal scenario. The forecast should be released to the DC & Pegging should happen. Will this point help us in ruling out any potential probabilities?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

The material flow still remins the same from plant to DC and hence the T-lane should be from plant as source to DC as destination for the header product where the forecast for header product lies.

At plant , you should have the subcontracting type T-lane from vendor as source to plant as destination for the header product.However for child product of the subcontracted or header product you should have the T-lane from plant as source to vendor as destination.

Tlanes should be in active version 000.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

For sending the Components from the Plant to the Vendor...the Tlane from Plant to DC shuld that also be a Subcon Tlane or a standard Tlane?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the previous reply we discussed that there should be a Tlane from Plant to SC Vendor & Vice versa....Shouldnt it be the same between the DC & Plant (Tlanes from DC to Plant & vICE VERSA)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

You would require a T-lane from Plant as source to DC as Destination and not the other way round as I assume the material flow is from plant to DC only due to forecast placed at DC.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manufacturing is not happening in the plant as we have a Subcontracting Vendor involved here to which the Plant generates a Subcon PO.

Will this info change the Tlane decision between the DC & Plant (considering DC as Source & Plant as the Destination) ?

Best Regards,

Mayur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are Tlanes Planning Version Specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

Products can only be procured if transportation lanes exist between the possible locations.

Each transportation lane is defined by its source and destination location, depending on the direction of traffic. Products that are transported along the route are assigned to the transportation lane. Furthermore, available means of transport are assigned to each transportation lane.

u2019DCu2018 means distribution center which gets supply either from plant(s) or other distribution centers.

Therefore normally when TL is created the parameters will be as below:

Source location : Plant

Destination location: DC

Other parameters are as below:

Model name ( say 000)

Procurement options

Means of transport for the transportation lane

Transportation planner ( optional)

1. You certainly require a TL with source as plant and destination as DC for any SNP procedure to determine Sourcing .

2. However the reverse TL with source of DC and destination of Plant , may be required in some cases. We had this created in subcontracting where items are also planned in APO along with header.

I hope will help you.

With best regards

Datta