SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Smoothing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I noticed that in the article master Logistics: Distribution Center and Logistics: Store view, there is a promotion smoothing indicator.

I ticked this indicator for the DC and I am expecting the following results:

- Promotion created for stores from Apr 5th to Apr 10th

- This lead to higher consumption for the DC that is supplying the promotion article to the store during Apr 5th to 10th

- During Forecast, because the promotion smoothing indicator was ticked, i am expecting the system to ignore the increase in consumption during the 5th to 10th and use the consumption before 5th to calculate the forecast.

However, the system does not seem to behave so.

Can anyone shed any light on how to use the promotion smoothing correctly or what other settings are required?

Best Regards

Junwen

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experiment, the promotion smoothing works for DC only when source determination is carried out in the promotion.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try analyse the result with the help of below txns. Hope this will help you.

Txn. WAHD2, you can display alternative historical data for a combination of site and article and you can change this data. Use this function to check and, if necessary, alter alternative historical data. You can also display other time series data, such as consumption values, forecast values or the promotion smoothing of consumption values.

Txn. WAHD3, you can display alternative historical data for a combination of site and article. You can also display other time series data, such as consumption values, forecast values or the promotion smoothing of consumption values.

Txn. WAHD4, you can delete alternative historical data for a combination of site and article. Use this function regularly to delete redundant alternative historical data from the database table.

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You say that you have set the Promotional Smoothing indicator for the DC but have you set it for the Stores where the Promotional activity actually takes place? If you then run forecasting/replenishment for the stores and the demand placed on the DC then then the smoothing should take place.

Regards

Lisa