cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to mass update or replace the SPM Firefighter IDs table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading from GRC 5.2 to 5.3. In 5.3 FF/SPM has added an Owners field to the FF ID table (/virsa/zffusers), which is apparently a required field because I keep getting a "Invalid Firefighter ID Owner" error when I try to look at the table.

Is there a way to mass update, or perhaps import/replace, this table? I am having problems trying to update this table thru the FF table screen. When I go to save my changes, it will return the above error because not all of the FFID records have an assignment in this new Owners field. We have over 160 FFIDs, so I can't change all of the records at the same time. I can only get about 20 per screen and it will return that error again when I try to page forward.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

that is perfectly possible - did it a few times already.

Export the table from within Firefighter, download the owners table (sorry, need to look up the name tomorrow - but you can't miss it), then add the owners through an Excel vlookup. Then re-import the table in Firefighter, and you're ste.

I'm at home right now - if you have difficulties getting this done shoot me a message tomorrow and I'll send you more details.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked fine. I keep forgetting about those utilities, I use them so rarely.

Thanks.