cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM GUI freezes after login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have a problem with my SDM Remote GUI. After starting SDM via RemoteGui.bat, I can log in and the password is accepted.

But from now the GUI is blank. I see a sandglass and nothing is happening anymore.

Here are the SDM Logs:

SDM log:

Jun 20, 2006 7:42:52 AM Info:

Jun 20, 2006 7:42:52 AM Info: ===============================================

Jun 20, 2006 7:42:52 AM Info: = Starting to execute command 'remotegui' =

Jun 20, 2006 7:42:52 AM Info: ===============================================

Jun 20, 2006 7:42:55 AM Info: SDM started successfully.

GUI log:

Jun 20, 2006 7:42:55 AM Info: SDM-Gui is started Jun 20, 2006 7:42:55 AM Info: Gui is remote - have to connect to server Jun 20, 2006 7:43:09 AM Info: Attempting to logon to Host "edi5", Port "50018", Role "admin"

Jun 20, 2006 7:43:14 AM Info: Logon to host "edi5" was successful Jun 20, 2006 7:43:14 AM Info: Repository data loaded successfully

Does anybody know this issue? Help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably you have network issues between SDM GUI and the server. I have seen this issue when I try to connect to a Remote server. A SDM server restart / J2EE engine restart might help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

thanks again for your quick replies! I can exclude network issues because I run the GUI directly on the server.

But I will follow your recommendation of restarting the J2EE as soon as I reached my administrator

Thank you.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you restart the whole J2EE stack try restarting just the SDM service first - this only takes seconds as opposed to minutes and may solve your problem without bringing the whole system down.

Good luck!

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

does anybody have another idea? The issue still persists. The whole system was re-started and sdm restart also doesn't solve the problem. I've also tried different JRE versions (all 1.4.2)

After starting the SDM GUI, I can enter my logon credentials for the J2EE. The system is working some seconds and the status bar is showing "Connected to xxxx". On the left "Attempting to log on to xxxx" is shown. But from now, nothing is happening anymore.

Please help...

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Matthias,

seems to me like some data is missing:

could it be that you have a user already connected? did you try to issue SDM commands using the command line? is it a gui issue or an actuall server problem ?

Uri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've raised an OSS regarding this issue. The SAP Support solved it really quick.

The problem was caused by a double entry of my currently deployed component in the config-file sdmrepository.sdc. This entry had to be removed, and the SDM is now working fine after restarting the SDM process.

The solution can be found at SAP Note 824357

@Uri

thanks for your answer

Hope it helps somebody else...

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Mathias,

I am also facing the same problem , and also read the SAP note . But I am facing two problems.

As given thread explain that Search for ComponentName 2 but when I serarch my Sdmreposiatry.sdc I found nothing.

Second I also unable to unserstand The concept of List L1 L2 ...Ln .

Pls explain step by step.

Thanks In Advance

Regards:

Mayank kumar Saxena

Edited by: Mayank Saxena on Oct 18, 2008 1:36 PM

Answers (0)