cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in binding table in interactive adobe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to update data in a database table through interactive adobe form.

For this I have created a table in the layout using table wizard.

I have created just one node as I need to update the fields in the node to the database table.

The problem that I am facing is when I bind the fields to the rows of the table and enter the values in it,it is taking the same values for both the rows e.g if I change the value in description field for one row it automatically changes it for the second row also with the same value.

Please suggest if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

now it is not reading the data that has been entered

You need to read the data yourself, by a program code.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that the binding of the table is wrong.

You do not have to bind individual fields of the table, but you have to bind the table as a whole on the adobeform.

Example:

After binding a table, your table binding might look like this $record.TABLE_NAME ,

You have bind the row after this. like DATA[*]

Each row will get binded or you have to bind which give you just the fieldname in the binding field.

Thanks,

Omkar Mirvankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

But my problem is I dont have a table in data view(or context) since I m designing it in Webdynpro I just have a node,how do I bind it.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the cardinality of the node ?

It should be 0 to n.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ...the cardinality is 0..n what do I put in the selection property ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Selection property should be 0 to 1.

In the webdynpro application for the interactive form is the dataSource and Template source passed?

Because dataSource will form your Data view in your adobeform which you will bind to your table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same issue. This is what I tried -

I removed the binding of the whole table ie instead of $.record.Table_name , there was NONE.

I removed the binding the individual rows ie instead of DATA[*], there was NONE.

I only binded each of the fields with the corresponding context which will look like this -> $.record.Table_name.DATA[*].Fieldname

This worked for me and the same value population issue got solved.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz..

I did the same and seems to solve my problem but now it is not reading the data that has been entered.

How do I code for it or perhaps,

how is the context made for it,maybe there is some problem in the context design.

Thank You.