cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the File Adapter to transfer files from/to my own PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would it be possible to set tu the file adapter to send or receive files from my own PC's file system?

For example I would like to transfer a file from my PC to PI instead of using PI's file system?

Can I do that?

Thanks

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

Using NFS in the file adapter configuratio you have to use Xi server, i think you can create a local FTP in your machine which can act as source or target directory.

please refer similar post in forum

Regards,

srinivas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your PC has Windows-based system, SAP XI is Unix-based, you have a problem: Unix can't connect to UNC-path - Unix doesn't understand path like this "
mywindowspc\myfilesharefolder\", and Windows can't mount unix-drives. There are has a tool that can mount Windows UNC-file-share on NTFS like dirive UnixFS - but this tool is not freeware and has a problem when you switch off your PC without unmounting your Windows-dirives on Unix system. You can use a SAMBA, but Admins doesn't like to install this to Unix...

So, if you want to use a File Adapter you can set only FTP path, create FTP-site on your own PC, and so on...

Another way to send information from/to your own PC is "Plain J2SE Adapter Engine". This is a standalone part of SAP XI, you install it on your PC, configures URL of XI pipline, sets local folders to transfer from/to your PC, masks and types of your files, time to sending, any rules and DOS-commands for "before/after sending and receiving" and so on...

In case of sending files from PC to XI, files transforms to XI-payload inside this Adapter Engine and then goes like XI-message to pipeline... When you send it back, payloads come to this Adapter Engine and transform to files on your PC.

I used this Plain J2SE AE on my working notebook for checking sending messages to many different XI Systems.

For more info: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/246b3de666930fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marcelo,

Sure you can pick/deliver file from your local desktop, just follow the steps given in below blog.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folk,

Using NFS in the file adapter configuratio you have to use Xi server, i think you can create a local FTP in your machine which can act as source or target directory.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are planning to create a local FTP you may need to have a server.

Need to install IIS, Select the FTP Component in it and FTP will be installed in the c:\Inetpub\FTP. we can provide authentication to that folder FTP.

there are some FTP softwares also available like filezilla (used for testing connection to FTP generally)

,i hope you can use this also.

Regards,

Srinivas

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Would it be possible to set tu the file adapter to send or receive files from my own PC's file system?

> For example I would like to transfer a file from my PC to PI instead of using PI's file system?

> Can I do that?

Sorry,You can't use your local PC for file transfer. It is only supported on PI file system(NFS). The only thing you can do is to expose the folder on your PC as FTP.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi you can use FTP Protocol in File Adatper for this.

Just intstall a ftp server on your PC and connect in PI to it.