cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation screen field to be mapped to backend field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are running on SRM 4.0(Classic).I have a reqt wherein when i do the Confirmation ,the field "CONFIRMATION NAME" needs to be mapped to the field "Header txt" in the tcode MIGO in the Backend so that whatever value is entered in the "CONFIRMATION NAME" field flows to the "HEADER TXT" in the Backend.

Is there any BADI/BAPI available for this or do i need to make some changes in the std code???

Regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Can you please let me know how you solved this issue?

Regards,

Maria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

The requirement got scrapped,so didnt work further on that...But as you can see from the replies in the thread,you need to do a lot of std modifcation on the SRM as well as R/3 side.Try to study the flow of data through IDOC's for confirmation in particular.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe/Yann,

Just needed a confirmation for my query....I think for my reqt,i wil have to change teh std Fm BBP_GOODSMVT_CREATE for mapping the "Confirmation name" field to "header text" field in GR in the Backend.

Also,i need to append the structure bbps_bapi2017_gm_head_01 for the backend field "HEADER TEXT" with the field for cofirmation name i.e. DESCRIPTION in CF structure BBP_PDS_CONF_HEADER_D.

Just confirm whether my thoughts are correct.

Thanks & Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

there is no BADI to change the confirmation before sending to R/3.

So yes you will need to modify the standard code.

SRM will generate an IDOC MBGMCR, so check if the HEADER TEXT is included on the segments.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Cna you tell me the tcodes where i can check for this IDOC segment fields???

Thanks & Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

before playing with IDOCs you should study a little bit how it works.

with Tcode WE60, you can display documentation of basic type MBGMCR01.

Here you will find the header segment E1BP2017_GM_HEAD_01 (that correspond to your BAPI structure from higher level).

And there is no text field in this segment.

But you have ITEM_TEXT at item level in E1BP2017_GM_ITEM_CREATE.

So to pass it to header field, I am afraid that you would have to complete the IDOC model, and its processing function in R/3.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

But there is no "text" field in the BAPI structure at the SRM side...So i do need to change the Structure at the SRM side also?

What did you mean by "So to pass it to header field, I am afraid that you would have to complete the IDOC model, and its processing function in R/3"?Please can you elaborate...

Thanks & regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean that yo will have to change all the flow (SRM BAPI, IDOC, R/3 IDOC, FM...) to pass this non standard information.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

But how do i pass the data from SRM to R/3 ???The structure at the SRM side doesnt have any text field(HEADER_TEXT)?

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

Right,

that's why I said that you will have to change all the flow (SRM BAPI, IDOC, R/3 IDOC, FM...) to pass this non standard information. --> I mean change the standard objects (structures, BAPI, IDOCS...).

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

But how do i change the std structure in SRM ??

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE11 --> enter the structure name --> click on Change button.

For each standard object change (except HTML templates) you need a registration key, generated in service.sap.com with your S user for your installation.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the clarification...So i just need to add the field 'HEADER_TXT' in my SRM structure BBPS_BAPI2017_GM_HEAD_01?

regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b>

I will definitely believe that you don't read my answers, and will stop answering...

I said that you will have to adapt the objects all along the GR flow (SRM structures, BAPIs, IDOCs --> R/3 IDOC, FM....).

If you think that it will work like this, by magic, just adding a field in a strucuture... you put your finger in your eye (literary translation of a French expression) !!

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I am sorry for irriatting you with my stupid queries......i thought this forum was for Learning and sharing info..May b i didnt get your point at the first place..here onwards i will take care while reading the answers on this forum...neways thanks for the explaination.

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if my last answer looked agressive, but I just replied 3 times the same answer...

And thanks for the points !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am tied up with several reqts currently..Thats the reason i didnt read your answer patiently...And also im a bit hasty in reading answers,..good that you pointed out...Henceforth i will take care..Once again sorry.And for the points you certainly deserve more!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

We have the exact same requirement. Can you please let me know how you solved this issue? Thanks.

Regards,

Maria.