cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI Exposed as Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I'm setting up a simple scenario in which I'll expose a BAPI as Web Service through XI.

There's only one thing I don't have clear, do I have to define data/message types for my incoming SOAP request and reply messages?

Or does XI understands standard SOAP requests from Web Service Clients by default? I know that you can export the WSDL file generated from the BAPI, after that you can generate Web Service clients but how this exactly is handled in XI is unknown.

Thanks, any feedback is appreciated!

Rob.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

You can import your WSDL into "External Definitions" in "Interface Objects" of your namespace.

Once this is done, you can create the "Message Interfaces" using the imported External Definition. This way you do not need to create the Message Type or Data Types.

The "External Definitions" can also be used in your Message Mapping.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply, I wonder if "External Definitions" are a new feature in XI 3.0? Because in the Repository of XI 2.0 I can't find anything that looks like that.

Im using XI 2.0 SP5.

Thanks, Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Yes, External Definitions is a new feature with XI3.0.

In XI 2.0, you will have to extract the XSD from the WSDL and import it. Or, manually enter it.

Also, if you have a SOAP client tool, e.g. SOAPScope, it will "parse" the WSDL file and give you all the information you will need to enter into XI.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I work for a Systems Integration company, and we are working with a customer who has SAP 4.7 installed and then need to integrate a BPM product which is web services enabled. I need to know if SAP 4.7 is web service capability? If so, where do I get information/tutorial on this?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

4.7 is based on WAS620 and every BAPI can be exposed as a web service. I did this for an order creation bapi in ABAP. Believe it or not. Check in SE80 the Webservice browser, if it is not there you have to copy it in SE80. Since WAS620 they have a name length restriction and the Webservice browser is to long, so I called it zwebserv. This is a BSP application and it shows every RFC enabled bapi and by a click it generates the WSDL for you. The ICF handles the incoming call and routes it to the FM. On the outbound, e.g. you have to call a webservice WAS620 is not so great but I wrote a SOAP client which calls a webservice from ABAP. Send me your e-mail and can send you a the code for my soap client in ABAP.

Stefan Ressing

sressing@gcssr.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Staffan,

Can you send me your code for soap client in ABAP?

My email is wad1956@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Wilson

Answers (0)