cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic scenariou2013multiple follow-on document types from Bidding & Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in SRM 7 and looking forward for classic scenario to be mapped.

My question is, whether it possible to create the follow-on document (PO or contracts) to pick and choose from multiple document types from sourcing and bidding process?

For example we have more than one purchase order and contract document types been defined in the ERP side. And the requirement is from bidding and sourcing application the strategic purchaser should be able to choose the document type of the follow-on document to be created.

I would like to know whether it is possible in standard or we need to go for enhancement.

I know from shopping cart only one follow-on document type is possible with standrad. Is the same with sourcing and bidding process?

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a standard behavior to let the user select follow-on PO/Contract transaction types before creating the follow-on documents from an accepted RFx Response in SRM 7.0. So you don't need enhancement. As long as you have defined the transaction types to match what ECC requires.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

For RFx -> PO scenario the way SAP defines 'standard' seems a little bit strange to me. They say you can choose the transaction type in a direct RFx -> PO process (pop-up 'choose transaction type'). But in the scenario SC -> RFx -> PO they say it's not standard behaviour to be able to choose the transaction type.Though the following modification note could be applied to rectify this behaviour, thus showing a choose PO trans. type pop-up: 1323983 - Show PO process types if Preceeding doc. is SC for RFx.

Note: No follow-on transaction types for the RFx transaction types have been defined in the 'define transaction types' transaction. Defaults can be maintained in PPOMA_BBP attributes.

For RFx -> Contract scenario i think there will always be a pop-up, thus the ability to choose transaction types in Contracts.

Now the harder part: R/3 replication. I can't really help you much on that part since we're on extended classic and are not utilizing cental contracts yet. However we're using a custom PO transaction (f.e. NLPO) type which is transfered correctly with our R/3 back-end system. I guess for GOA's you could do the same but i havn't tested or seen this, anybody else has?

Edit; Agreeing with Jay on the R/3 replication part, hadn't seen his reply.

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on Apr 6, 2010 2:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay and Tim,

Currently I do not have access to our system, however the sooner I get the access I shall check and let you know.

I remember system was allowing to select the contract type but was not allowing the PO type.

May be the OSS note which you suggested will solve the problem.

Jay any idea where do we need to define the backend PO type in the attributes?

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you would define backend transaction types in SRM. You would define SRM PO transaction types in SRM. What we do is to have them match 1:1 with backend PO transaction types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Applicable attributes would be:

Allowed PO transaction types attribute: BSA.

Default Bid follow-on PO via: DP_PROC_TY

Default Bid follow-on Contract via: CT_PROC_TY

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay I am bit confused here, I am working in classic scenario.

The SRM PO transaction types are defined in extended classic scenario where in the leading document is created in SRM and the PO is replicated to backend.

However my requirement is that at the end of bidding process system should allow selecting the purchase order document type and create the document directly in ERP.

Are you trying to say here that if I define the SRM PO document type, system will allow me to choose and create document in ERP.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to say here that if I define the SRM PO document type, system will allow me to choose and create document in ERP.

Yes. This is exactly what I am getting at. SRM system should allow you to create follow-on PO/Contract from accepted RFx Response with your choice of PO/Contract transaction type. But Tim appears to be very right in saying that if your document source is SC (SC -> RFx -> RFx Response -> PO), for some reason SRM does not deliver the intermedia step to let you select PO transaction type as standard. But that note Tim mentioned (I have read it) should help you achieve this. Once you select the SRM PO transaction type and create (classic) PO, it would be mapped to backend PO process type. Let me know if this theory works out. There is this BADI that you might want to look into - BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW. This should allow you to explicitly map data between the two systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay,

I shall try and let you know.

Sandeep