cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI7.1 File to RFC to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiii,,,

i have doubt in mapping related to file to rfc to file scenario...

i have a source message type i have two field name ( 1.field_name 2.table_name)...i have to map this two fields to RFC_READ_TABLE function module to the field query_table and field_name...how to map this...

With Regards.....

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Are you using BPM or you are trying out as it is mentioned in the wiki post which is implemented without BPM.

have you imported the RFC structure and able to see the import and export parameters.

Regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIII..

In wiki without BPM only iam trying..i just want to send the request as table_name and field_name and with this request...data has to been fetched for corresponding fieldname which i gave in datatype using rfc_read_table...this reterived fields has to be sent again to the xi/pi

with Regards..

dinesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would have defined a DT for FILE and imported a RFC in IR from the SAP system......and then created a mapping program between the DT and the RFC.....you can directly map it in this mapping.....or is there anything else needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created two datatype as fieldname and tablename can i map this directly to the function module rfc_read_table

like this datatype tablename to query_table in fm and fieldname to fieldname in fm....

with Regards..

Dinesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have created two datatype as fieldname and tablename can i map this directly to the function module rfc_read_table

Assuming that FieldName and TableName are two fields in the source FILE and not two Data Types.

like this datatype tablename to query_table in fm and fieldname to fieldname in fm....

Yes, you can do a direct mapping (if there is no other mapping-logic required).....the mapping will be between the Data Type as source message and RFC as target message.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abshiek...

i did direct mapping only for both datatypes....but when iam tesing the mapping the table name alone is placed in rfc_read_table but fieldname is not seen thr...

With regards..

Dinesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell me what you mean by two Data Types? Do you mean that you have created two different Data Type objects in IR or they are names of two nodes/ fields in the same Data Type.

Can you check your mapping....is it giving you the proper output when tested in IR? Can you see the field values in the RFC channel' payload in RWB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii abshibek...

Sry for the confusion....this may be clear...

i have one data type in source with two fields (1.table_name 2.field_name)..i mapped this to target RFC_READ_TABLE to the parameter query_table and fielname in that function module...is this rite..

with Regards..

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

i have one data type in source with two fields (1.table_name 2.field_name).
.i mapped this to target RFC_READ_TABLE to the parameter query_table and fielname in that function module

Please let us know if you have any mapping rules for creating the mapping, i mean

what are you trying to fetch from the RFC, what are the values you are sending and

what you want in response.

Its based on your requirement and you need to decide which field is to be mapped

to RFC structure.If you are getting error while testing , please let us know.

Also ensure that your RFC Function module is working when tested in sap system.

Go to Se37 and enter your Fn module name and test with the valid inputs.

check if its outputting the desired values.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinvas...

the function works....when iam giving the table name and field name coressponding field values has to be fetched...but in response fron rfc....all fields values are stored in wa of the function module ....how to map this with designation...

With Regards..

Dinesh

Edited by: Dineshbabu.M on Apr 6, 2010 3:38 PM