cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging the ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

I am an ABAPper and am very new to the SRM system.

We have an SRM system integrated with ARIBA for shopping catalog.

Now, when the user selects the Stores Catalog option while shopping, another screen (of ARIBA) opens up with the catalog.

On this new screen appears a button 'Create Non-Catalog Item', which is to be disabled.

I have no idea about it, so am planning to debug the ITS at the point when the user presses the 'Stores Catalog' option.

Please let me know how do I start the debugging (or where do I place a breakpoint) to start the debugging when the user presses 'Stores Catalog'.

Regards,

Dawood.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dawood,

In addition to the note what Masa attached, please also note in case you have more application servers in your system, you have to set the breakpoint to the same server on which the user started to navigate on the browser. To so , at first open the browser session, and check the appl. server name. Then logon via the GUI, and in case you are located on a different server, call the transaction SM51, and doubleclick on the proper server.

From the attached note is the most important part, that you click on the settings "New debugger", and set the breakpoint for the user in the browser under: Utilities -> Settings -> ABAP Editor -> Debugging.

Regards,

Peter

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this for how to debug.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/870454

Regards,

Masa