cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert during connection Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

We have a file to file scenario, for alerts during any issue i did alert configuration and tested with issues in receiver determination and receiver communication channel, alerts are getting triggered perfectly.

The issue is alerts are not getting triggered in case of issues in sender communication channel like IP address is wrong or any connection issues between sender channel and sender system.

What is the way to find out issues for due to connection failure and ..issues in sender channelu2026 ?before the message getting created in the PI system .. ?

Thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can add container varaible for adapter engine failures,

When you sender communication channel throws error you will receive a Alert.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

i attempted this but didn't work ..and according to SAP ..alerts will be raised only after the message gets created..

thanks

Souz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create a Alert Category in RWB and in the Where did the error occur? part I select Adapter Engine - Adapter Type File it is working for me.

Are you trying that?

+ I leave the receiver part emtpy. (Receiver Party, Receiver Component, Receiver Interface, Receiver Namespace) I just fill the sender part

Edited by: Arman Eker on Apr 6, 2010 12:24 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message will be visible in the sender application....if you check with the sending application they can confirm this.

Take the example of sending any message from XI/ PI to a target system (say FILE), now if there is some error in configuring the channel (wrong server name, incorrect password) where will the error be seen? The error will be visible in XI/ PI and not in the end system.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arman is right on target. You need to create a new alert rule and fill the Receiver detail with *.

This is because, the receiver details will be populated only after the message passes through the IE pipeline.

Jai