cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM contracts information in SRM-MDM Catalog without XI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Iu2019m facing some difficulties with SRM contracts in MDM. Iu2019m using SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 and I want to relate the contract information with the catalog information.

All the information about this issue makes the assumption of a XI / PI scenario. Unfortunately, we have donu2019t have XI / PI.

So, can someone clarify the steps necessary to associate contracts information in SRM-MDM catalog?

Many thanks!!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Edited by: Andreia Nascimento on Apr 6, 2010 10:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue was solved. Additionally to the configuration of contract price fields, it was necessary to implement some notes.

Many thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Andreia Nascimento

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let us know what approach you are using.. As you don''t have PI in place, So you cannot use Standard interface for Contract replication into MDM.

One approach which i could think of is to create a custom report which will create Source File with Contract information on your sytsem. Logic for fetching data can be written by referencing Standard program "SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER". This will ease your Work. This replication process can be automated if you can directly FTP files on MDM server using ABAP FTP Commands.

Another possibility could be, you execute standard report for contract data replication. Then go to transaction SXMB_MONI and extract Contract information file from payload of the message. Then Manually Perform transformation on this to make it in the XSD format defined in MDM . then use this file to import data into MDM.

But I would prefer approach 1 over 2nd as it is prone to errors and cannot be automated.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Many thanks for your reply.

Since we're not using XI / PI scenario and this is an upgrade from SRM 5.5 to SRM 7, Iu2019m using the same approach that was already used in SRM 5.5 with CCM 2.0.

The idea is that the catalogue and all the records maintained need to be associated to a contract. So, I add the contract ID and the correspondent contract item in the import file, in addition to the supplier name, product ID, price information and so on. I mapped the contract ID with the field contract price.

In relation to the price information fields, as I want it to be visible for any user that accesses the product catalogue, I tried different approaches:

1.Using OCI Price information u2013 amount, currency, price base quantity and price base quantity UoM;

2.Using OCI Price contract u2013 amount, currency, price base quantity and price base quantity UoM;

The first approach didnu2019t work very well, as I was not able to see price information when accessing the catalogue. I could only see it once I transfer the items to the SC. In addition, this approach had one problem. The products were displayed but it was not possible to select the items one by one. To do that I needed to select all the items of the catalogue and after that the detail of the contract ID was displayed in every item, allowing me to choose the items that I want to select to my SC.

The second approach was better as the information was visible when accessing the SC and I was able to select all the items, one by one, as it should be. The main problem of this approach was that Iu2019m getting errors in the SC when the materials have stock u2013 u201CInterface data contains errorsu201D. Or alternatively, if the items didnu2019t have stock, the SC was possible, but when I tried to create a PO from that SC, It simply does not work.

So, can someone help me? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Andreia

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, OCI Mapping is used to tranfer Data from Catalog application to SRM system.

If you want to display pricing Fields on the Catalog then you have to configure Catalog view using Config Application.

Go to your browser and open following link

http://<Server Name:Port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

It will open config application. Specify MDM server details and Connect to the repository using User Id which has "CATALOG UI Configurator" Role assigned in MDM Console and login into application.

Once you login, select the catalog user from the drop down list which you have defined in your SRM webservice.

Now go to second tab "Customize Display". Now for each different type of View (Item lists, Compare, Item details etc. ) you can define fields which you want to be visible on your catalog views, for example Pricing information field. Once you are done with configuration, Save it and log off.

Now open catalog from EBP, and newly added fields should be available there. Please check and revert with the result.

Also, I would recommend you to check SAP Note 1376770 - CCM to SRM MDM Catalog data migration. I hope this will help you..

Regards,

SHiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thatu2019s exactly what I did, and it did not work when the catalog had a contract associated.

Just to make sure, can you tell me what are the right fields to be mapped when using contracts? For instance, should I use contract price fields, for displaying amount, currency, price base quantity and price base quantity UoM, or instead should I use price information fields?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use Contract Price field for uploading your Contract Price for catalog items. Contract ID is non-qualifier in that case and you should map it to Contract Price. You can maintain prices in it and when you transfer your catalog item from SRM-MDM Catalog to SRM Shopping Cart, system will update prices in contract accrodingly,

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use contract price fields instead of Pricing information Fields for storing and displaying contract prices. Configure same for display in catalog using SRM MDM Config application for which i have already provided link in my previous post.

Revert if you face any problem.

Regards,

Shiv