cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NM7.1 Sync Issue: Message processing failed, please consult administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a MI2.5 application migrated to NM7.1. We are using NM7.1 SP09 server & NM7.1 SP09 Patch 01 Client installation. MaxDb used is 7.6.01.

The application is properly installed on device. Now during sync of client (at any instance of sync, not necessarily first sync) to DOE, we sometimes encounter a sync error saying

"Message processing failed, please consult administrator"

It also says this the error message when I see in trace file...

"com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.pers.spi.DuplicateKeyException: Duplicate key (inserting OID null, existing null, index null)"

When I ignore this error and sync next time it shows success message...The detailed trace file is given below...

Pls analyse and let me know what is the issue... I am not able to figureout the exact issue.

We encounter this sync issue many times, just the Nodes differ at times.

Looking further for your guidance....

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Saptak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the trace file attached for reference...

http://www.4shared.com/file/258055102/91eebccc/trace_0.html

I wasn't able to paste it here due to its size...

Regards,

Saptak Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

The exception seems to be happening because of Duplicate Sync key for the table E_AMCHIST_H.

I believe there were some fixes for this issue from the middleware.

Please check SAP notes for duplicate key exception and apply them if not already applied.

If the note is already applied and you are consistently getting this issue, you can raise an OSS message with SAP.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

I searched for this error on Service & came across a note SAP Note 1443536 - Duplicate key issue.

Currently we are on NM7.1 SP09 server, and our client is on SP09 patch 01.

I went through this note & it seems to be a little-bit confusing for me, because under prerequisites it says that : You are currently using SPS04 to SPS09 for WebAS 7.10, means its applicable for me. But under solution it asks to apply this note if we are operating on SP04 to SP08, or to apply SP 10 to server.

Also in Symptoms it says...

"When an application is upgraded on a device in "pending for registration" state, the synchronisation fails due to duplicate key exception."

As per my knowledge, it means this error should appear when the user syncs for the first time for getting the device registered.

But we face this issue very often even during subsequent syncs, i.e. even after the device is in Registered state.

If possible please analyze this note & help me clear my doubts.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Saptak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Thanks for your inputs,

I searched for this error on Service & came across a note SAP Note 1443536 - Duplicate key issue.

Currently we are on NM7.1 SP09 server, and our client is on SP09 patch 01.

I went through this note & it seems to be a little-bit confusing for me, because under prerequisites it says that : You are currently using SPS04 to SPS09 for WebAS 7.10, means its applicable for me. But under solution it asks to apply this note if we are operating on SP04 to SP08, or to apply SP 10 to server.

Also in Symptoms it says...

"When an application is upgraded on a device in "pending for registration" state, the synchronisation fails due to duplicate key exception."

As per my knowledge, it means this error should appear when the user syncs for the first time for getting the device registered.

But we face this issue very often even during subsequent syncs, i.e. even after the device is in Registered state.

If possible please analyze this note & help me clear my doubts.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Saptak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

This note is applicable to SP09 also.Sorry for the confusion, the note will be corrected.

Did you use setup package /software package to install this client? If yes, then applying this note will correct this behaviour but I think you would need to reinitialize the device which is already affected.It wont happen for new devices.

If not & if the issue is consistently reproducible, you can raise an OSS message.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Thanks for your inputs, I have applied this note in DOE. I tried installing the client manually & not through any setup package/software package. During first sync we usually used to get the error message but I didn't get any message this time, i.e. after applying note.

Hopefully it will not produce any new issues & not interfere in any of the MI application functionality.

Thanks & Regards,

Saptak

Answers (0)