Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEV to QAS to PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Help please!

I have a customer who wants to have a "GOLD Client". They need the changes done and approved in UAT to be applied to "GOLD Client" in DEV (I mean moving them backwards) and then move the changes directly from "GOLD Client" in DEV to PRD. I've never done this before and I am not comfortable.

Please suggest how to convince and more importantly are there any Best Practice documents from SAP I can show to the client in favour of my position.

Your quick response or guidance is highly apprecaited.

Regards,

Rach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

HI,

JUst in addition to what Oliver written.

concept of gold client will work if you only have client dependent customizing. but if you also have work bench customizing which is client independent then the concept of the gold client will go for a toss.

You can copy the customizing via SCC1, which will be time consuming for you but what about the client independent cross client customizing ? how will they be tested ? because one its customized its universal for all the clients in the system.

I hope it makes clear.

Best Regards

NIraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is has any one seen

1. An environment where the approved changes in UAT being moved to DEV?

2. Then those changes being applied to PRD directly from DEV

Can you suggest any documents that clearly states that transports have to move in a particular direction and that they should NOT be done a certain way.

I look forward to your responses.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you need a document to proove that an apple will fall on the ground when you stop holding it ?

I don't think you will find such a document...

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You customer has to learn the concept of cross-client data (wether customizing or programs).

What he wants to do is simply not possible with a single multi-client DEV system.

Regards,

Olivier