SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR/IR - Commitment item derivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

In our case (ECC 6) the GL acct number and CI number are always the same. However, when i look at a couple documents that have GR/IR posting, the GL account and commitment item are different. I cannot see any possible derivation rule that can possibly cause this. I did see other discussions in this forum about a 'fmderive-bypass' for GR / IR transactions. Can someone explain in more detail what this is and if it is relevant in my scenario? Secondly if if GR/IR GL account 123 derives commiitment item 456 (instead of CI 123), then wher exactly is this set? what setting do i need to look into to find out where and why this is happening?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you described is a SAP standard behavior. For GR/IR account, system ignores whatever settings you made in FMDERIVE. FM account assignment is inherited from the PO. For example your consumption PO has expense account 456 with CI 456, Fund and FC; your GR/IR account is 123 with CI 123.

GR posting:

DR 456 with CI 456/Fund/FC

CR 123 with CI 456/Fund/FC

IR posting:

DR 123 with CI 456/Fund/FC

CR Vendor

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two places (in standard configuration), where you derive commitment item: one is from the master data of the G/L (FS00) and another is via derivation strategy of FM (FMDERIVE).

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per the issue that you are facing , you have defined the same commitment item for same GL A/c .

The possible reasons for the same are the derivation rules that you have defined in FMDERIVER .

Kindly check the derivation strategy that you have defined - FMDERIVE .

Secondly check the relevant GL A/c what is the commitment item that you have enterd there .

For having a check on how the derivation is taking place during the transaction , you can always activate the trace and see how the commitment items are getting populated .

for activating the trace do the following : go to FMDERIVE - double click the relevant derivation strategy - click on the test button and in the bottom u will see an option for trace activate that and you will find that a green signal is populate at the right end corner .

do take care to check the transaction from the same user ID where in you have activated the trace .

Cheers ,

Dewang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you described is a SAP standard behavior. For GR/IR account, system ignores whatever settings you made in FMDERIVE. FM account assignment is inherited from the PO. For example your consumption PO has expense account 456 with CI 456, Fund and FC; your GR/IR account is 123 with CI 123.

GR posting:

DR 456 with CI 456/Fund/FC

CR 123 with CI 456/Fund/FC

IR posting:

DR 123 with CI 456/Fund/FC

CR Vendor

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thank you Minghong. That makes sense.

0 Kudos

Hi Ming Hong

There are several comments of mine:

- I am just wondering why do we need to make CI setting for GR/IR with category 40/30?

- if GR act is always derived from its offseting acct (expense acct 30/3), why then SAP give error message "GR reduction impossible. Wrong CI with FT 30 instead of 40 in GR/IR acct"?

Please kindly advise. Thanks.