Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Context does not work properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using MII 12.1

ColorContext does not work properly with Lights and Multilights. I did not test other grids.

For every match it shows black colored lights.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz check the input of the column u are specifying for the match.

we have either string match or number match, make sure that you select the correct option based on column content

Regards,

shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested with integer/string/long/double , black light with everything.

I cleared java cache, but the result is the same.

Our MII is MII 12.1 SP0. Is it related with patch?

Thanks.

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Latest SP for 12.1 is SP05 with patch level 1 (Refer to these SAP Notes 1427240 and 1451448)

Its always good to keep our applications upgraded to latest releases.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cemil,

There was a bug in the early versions of 12.1 for color contexting. Color context changes were made in the display template were not being saved. I would strongly urge you to upgrade to SP5 patch 1. However, if you want a very crude way to test if your contexting is working the way you want it to:

1. Export your display template

2. Find the color context section of the xml and change the settings to the desired color coding

3. Import your modified display template

4. Test

I do not recommend this as a short term or long term solution. It is a hack and should be recognized as such. But it will allow to test your configured display template's behavior.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading from 11.5 to 12.1 and notice a problem in some of our reports displaying the Grids. With the Grid Type as Embedded Lights, the light displays as a black circle when there is no value for the column. How do you change this behavior? As a work around we used Lights as the Grid Type; but the column had no heading. Is there a way to assign a heading to the column?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DWilliams,

You will get a better response by posting a new thread rather than commenting on one that is already answered.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you did not check the Dynamic Background check box available at Color Context , please do that and clear cache it should work and please let us know whether it is working or not.

Thanks & Regards,

krishna chaitanya