cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract replication to SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 from ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to replicate only unexpired Contract Number and Contract Line Item Numbers from ECC 6.0 to SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 without having PI/XI in place? We need only unexpired Contract Number and Contract Line Item Numbers.

Any thouths?

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I have a question.

Without PI how you can upload anything in MDM.

But with SRM 7.01 SAP is coming with FTP concept byt From erp side its not supported.

Please describe me in detail what is the actual requirement.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replicating contract data from ERP to MDM standard requires PI/XI through tcode MECCM. If you are not using PI/Xi then you will need to customize your extract program (RM06CCMEXP).

You can only send ERP reference data via FTP through tcode MDMGX but not contract data.

Reason is for contract data, XI/PI actually modifies the XML file from the ERP output to the MDM input. Which means that the XML generated by your ERP system is not understood by MDM (via standard MDM mapping), and that XI/PI is the interface which actually transforms the XML file so that they understand each other.

For ERP reference data, this is not a requirement and the XML files can directly be sent to the MDM server.

Hope this helps.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derek.

There is no standard mechanism provided by SAP to achieve your requirement as far as I know.

To transfer ERP Contracts to MDM the standard way is to run the report "MECCM " using PI/XI. And for reference data as you mentioned you have to use MDMGX. In any case if you want to achieve this using FTP instead of PI, you have to write your customized program to do this.

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Is this requirement can be achieved by using PI by putting a check for expired records Or we have to write a custmized program for filtering record.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu.

You can basically filter the records using the search help provided for the contract id and item id through MECCM and no need to write customize report for filtering. In case of passing the records through FTP, there is no standard report provided by SAP as per Derek's requirement where you have to write your own customize report to achieve it.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Cant we do same filetering at PI level as we can put some validation at PI p;evel too.

I am just asking general.

I know there is report as u mentioned in last mail but just asking a general thing.

If yes then we can filter expired record at PI l;evel also by putting validationon the field that contain expired info.

Please help me to clear my doubts.

Thanks.

Sudhanshu

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu.

Yes, filtering is possible in XI system as well. you can filter the incoming messages(by the data, sender, receiver etc). Also you can prioritize it for future processing by queuing the messages etc.

But in this case we have to find the unexpired contracts(which means contracts which are active). This could be achieved very easily from the source(report) level rather than PI to do this job. So I suggested to filter these records at the report level.

Regards

Bala

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You suggested - "But in this case we have to find the unexpired contracts(which means contracts which are active). This could be achieved very easily from the source(report) level rather than PI to do this job. So I suggested to filter these records at the report level."

Actually I did not see a way in MECCM( program-RM06CCMEXP) in ECC 6.0 where you can filter out the expired contracts and get only Active ones. When you go to Contract selection, you can filter only on Vendor, Pur Org, Material and Plant. This is no option to select only Active contracts.

Am I missing something in what you suggested?

Thanks

Pravin

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin.

I don't have a system now to check for you. But I can provide some workaround for you.

Manual way:

In one of my projects, we have a similar situation to upload purchase info records through MECCM to Catalog. But we have to We manually found the active purchase organization in the respective tables and export it to an excel, copied to the search help in MECCM. Similarly can you check for your usecase too.

Automatic way:

You can perform the validation with the BADI provided for MECCM.

If not the above steps help you, make sure the attribute in the XML "obsolete" which is passed from Contract to MDM is set to "True". In this case Catalog application itself will ignore this contract price and wont show it in the UI. So even though all the contracts are transferred to MDM only which is non-obsolete is shown in the catalog. In this case you can achieve it.

Let me know if it works.

Regards

Bala

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Appreciate you recommending 3 workarounds. Sounds like a seasoned professional.

We have a requirement that everyday MDM Contract Lookup table should be refreshed. At any given moment, only Active(unexpired) contract should sit in MDM. Any unexpired going from MDM to SRM create problems in SRM ordering. Therefore active contract updation from ECC to MDM has to be an automatic process. So the manual way rules out.

Now:

Automatic way:

You can perform the validation with the BADI provided for MECCM.--> I believe this would need some custom development in BADI to filter out expired contacts.

If not the above steps help you, make sure the attribute in the XML "obsolete" which is passed from Contract to MDM is set to "True". In this case Catalog application itself will ignore this contract price and wont show it in the UI. So even though all the contracts are transferred to MDM only which is non-obsolete is shown in the catalog. In this case you can achieve it.-->In this case will the expired contract number still go to MDM?

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pravin,

As rightly suggested by bala that even the MDM store the expired contract but the srm catalog UI will show only unexpired contract in the UI.

So in this case there is never a case that expired contract transfer to SRM.

If you still want to store only unexpired catalog then there is soltuin but for that you have to do the little modification in MDM repository which not look good as standard solution.

I think is this ok if catalog UI show you unexpired and in this way yr requirement is also achieved.

If you still have question then please get back to us.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks Bala and Sudhanshu. This helps. Appreciate your knowledge sharing. I am closing the question.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get an answer to your question??

thanks

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

NO..