Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Java 7.20 rev 1 (Ver ID 072000040100) OS X 10.6.3 can't save file

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPGUI for Java 7.20 rev 1 (Ver ID 072000040100) Mac OS X 10.6.3 does not save file to OS X directory when exporting report, etc.

When attempting to save SAP returns message "A: A:00:122 Bytes transferred". Double clicking on the message results in spinning ball of application death.

I have changed the location defaults in SAPGUI > Preferences without success.

Manual input of file path in transfer dialog box was unsuccessful.

Selecting drop down indicator on file path field in transfer dialog box returns nothing. (Previous version would bring up OS X Save Dialog Box).

Review of other Forum threads did not reveal others with same issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by: Marti Green on Apr 6, 2010 3:12 PM

Update: I reverted to SAPGUI for Java 7.10 rev 9. This version of the GUI does not have the problems noted above.

Thanks,

Marti

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marti,

from your description I would assume that the malfunction is caused by the absence of some components in SAP GUI for Java 7.20 combined with ABAP coding not yet rerouting to replacement APIs.

Please have a look at [note 1418688|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1418688] for details and referenced notes containing ABAP corrections to utilize the new instead the original but obsolete implementations in SAP GUI.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:
3 REPLIES 3

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marti,

from your description I would assume that the malfunction is caused by the absence of some components in SAP GUI for Java 7.20 combined with ABAP coding not yet rerouting to replacement APIs.

Please have a look at [note 1418688|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1418688] for details and referenced notes containing ABAP corrections to utilize the new instead the original but obsolete implementations in SAP GUI.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rolf-Martin,

Thank you for your reply, it was spot on!

Unfortunately, as someone working on a variety of SAP systems at numerous clients this new approach stands to make this newest Java version less practical.

Thank you again!

Marti

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marti,

I wished all the ABAP changes helping the SAP GUI for Java 7.20 to work correctly with some old SAP systems would make it in time to all customers before SAP GUI for Java 7.20 shipped, but unfortunately they did not.

In case the process of applying the changes as part of support packages is too slow, there is a quick workaround I can provide you if you create a [support message|https://service.sap.com/message] on component BC-FES-JAV.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags: