Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro loading wheel during application initial load

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help in a peculiar webdynpro scenario in our project.

I need to execute a webservice during the initial load of the application itself so I am calling it in doInit of component controller. There is no problem in Webservice execution, but it only takes time, about 30 seconds. Time is not an issue, but during this time only a blank white screen is displayed in the browser. The usual webdynpro wheel is not rotating to show that the application is loading.

Yes, it is because I call the webservice in doInit that is run before the load of the view and so the wheel is not coming. After the first screen, for any other action, wheel is coming. But, I need to show this wheel during the first load of the application also. To accomplish this, where can I call the webservice execution?. Is there any other way to call webservice during the load and to get the loading wheel or to show any message like "Application is loading. Please wait..." when it loads? Share your knowledge on this pleaseu2026

Regards,

Vijay.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You could try and let the application initialize fully first:

• Use a timer in an initial screen to trigger an event

• In the eventhandler: Call your webservice and Fire a plug to go to a second screen where your information will be shown.

J

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi J,

Thanks for your answer.

Meanwhile, i found the same solution in a detailed manner in the following blog.

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/10/09/loading-please-wait

It was not necessary to use a separate view, but i could toggle between the visibility of some containers and disable the Timer UI element after calling the webservice. This way i am also able to show a message 'Application is being loaded. please wait..."

Thanks again.

Regards,

Vijay.K