cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in fetching correct condition record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

For our client, there are two businesses business A and business B. Both are services and attracts service tax. I am using same pricing procedure since everything is same. Account determination is done and so that it updates relevant income ledgers. But our client wants the corresponding service tax components(service tax, education cess and higher education cess) should go to seperate ledgers. I ve got two tax codes created.

In material master, I gave the tax classification of material for buss A as 1 for full tax and for buss B as 2 for full tax. Similarly in condition record for all the condition types, i ve created two records with same values and differentiated with tax codes.

But the problem is in sales order buss B's tax code is not fetched. It is not going to the second record at all. Only 1st record is fetched.

Can u pl help me in fixing this problem.

Regards

Gansub

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know if its right but check the exclusivity checkbox in your procedure.

Regrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I ve checked that in access sequence. I ve tried with both with Exclusive indicator set and not set in access sequence. But it picks only the 1st record in condition record to the sale order.

Gansub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is you clients Business.

Business A::::Material A::::Tax Code:::A::::Condition record is maintained for this Material

Business B::::Material B::::Tax code::::B::::Condition record is maintained for this material.

If this is the case then system picks the service tax applicable based on what is maintained for material in condition records and G/L accounts from the Tax accounts that are maintained in the Tax codes.

One of my client has similar business process and things are working fine. Can you pls go thru the Analysis of the Pricing procedure and check the reason for system not picking the Buss B data?

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Business is exactly the same.

I ve gone through the analysis of Pricing procedure. In the Sale order, I gave Material B for which Tax class of material is B and hence tax code B has to be determined as per condition record. But system brings Tax classification as A(which is wrong) instead of B. So it picks wrong Tax code A. This is peculiar. I ve checked again and again in material master and condition record. Still no clue.

Regards

Gansub

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Sounds really peculiar.

Can u check what the Tax classification is picked by the system at the item level in the sales order in Billing Tab? You have mentioned that u have maintained 1 for material A and 2 for material B.

In case it is 1, change the classification to 2 and see whether system is picking the second condition record.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its the valuable info that you have suggested.

In the Material master, there are totally 9 tax classifications out of which 3 are relevant for Service tax, Ecess and HEcess which appears at 5th, 6th and 7 th place.

In Sale order item level billing info tab, it picks everything as mentioned in Material master like B for business B which comes at 5th 6 th and 7th place.

But for conditions it picks the tax classification number for 1st Tax classification which is 1 (for business A). The 1st classification is MWST, which is a default one. It takes the 'Tax classification number' of 1st one instead of 5th, 6th and 7th.

How to handle this?

I hope I am explaining clearly, else pl revert.

Regards

Gansub

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In the Material master, there are totally 9 tax classifications out of which 3 are relevant for Service tax, Ecess and HEcess which appears at 5th, 6th and 7 th place.

This means your condition record is maintained for Tax classification 1 which is not Service Tax. So you need to create one more Condition table with fields TaxClass5-Cust. andTaxClass5-Matl, along with Sales org and Distribution channel.

Now maintain the condition record for the material with the combination S OrgDist channelCustomer class 5 and Material class 5.

Update the sales order once the Condition record is maintained and see whether the desired changes are reflecting.

Do revert back with the findings

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi

As suggested by you I ve created a new condition table so that it picked the value accordingly from the condition record.

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Regards

Gansub

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have maintained the taxcode in the access sequence. This will pickup the record relevant to price with access of tax code, the material .etc. with the combinations.

1. Decide the account keys ESE , MW1, VS3,u2026.. Etc for various tax types. You also may have yours posting keys.

2. The keys may be defined by SD consultant,in account determination.

3. Add new field(MWSKZ taxcode from the Field catalog) in the KOFI access tables to decide the GL Accounts for Business 1 and for Business2 base on Tax Code.

4. You may also assign the GL accounts as per the combination with the help of FI consultant.

5. FI consultant can assign the G/Ls to the (condition types and account key combination with posting keys to the respective taxcode ) combination. in FTXP transaction.

This will solve your posting problem into respective separate GLs.

Regards

Durganath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I ve already assigned account keys in the Pricing procedure. But the problem is I want to differentiate the business and to hit different Service tax GL accounts. I ve created condition record for the same but it is not picking the right value.

Regards

Gansub