cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Error - Driver not capable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of our users is getting "Driver not capable" error on 1 webi report, but can run another without the error. These 2 reports come off seperate BEx querier.

We have BO SP2 FP2.5.

SAP authentication is set on BO server and roles are imported.

All the universe connections are set to SSO.

BEx does not have any authorization variable.

There are some prompts created in the universe.

Any resolutions?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when do you receive this error message ?

Has the Universe been customized ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

The user gets the error while refreshing the webi report, after answering the prompts.

What do you mean by customized? I have created a couple of prompts in the universe.

I isolated the error to 1 objects "calendar day". if I have the object in my Webi query, the user gets the error. If I remove it from the webi query, the user can refresh the report without error.

BTW, the BEx query runs fine for the users with calander day.

We have another user getting the same error on 3 other reports. But none of them use calander day.

Nikhil

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you build a complete new Universe and try the exact workflow without any customization to the universe ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ingo,

The universe that has 3 reports having the same issue has no customization at all. I guess hiding L00 objects is not customization.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I created a new universe without any customization. The users still gets the error on calander day object.

Nikhil

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no filters ? any variables ?

whats the data type for the characteristic in the Universe / in BW ?

which version including Service Packs / FixPacks are you using for BusinessObjects ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

No filters/variables created in the universe. Characteristics are dimensions, attributes are details and key figures are measures. Like I mentioned, all I did was create a new universe from the BEx query. Didn't even hide L00 objects.

Year and day variable created in BEx.

BO XIR3 SP2 FP2.5

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what type of variables are there in the BEX query ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We have 2 variables. One is for year and another for day. Both are optional with single multiple values.

Anything specific setting you want me to look at?

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

An update

I isolated the other user's issue to another date object (posting date)

It is defined as date (info objects is 0DATE and data type is DATS) in BW.

Posting date from BEx query is converted as dimension with type date in the universe. If I change the dimension type to character, then the report runs without error for the user.

If I keep the dimension type as date, the error comes back.

Nikhil

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which release of BusinessObjects including FixPack ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

BO XIR3 SP2 FP2.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user role did not have authorization on the date objects. Once that was granted the issue was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

I came across your thread and I am facing the same issue with authorized users(works fine with developers account). How did you resolve this issue? Would be really helpful if you could throw some light on the solution.

Thanks

Regards

Abhishek

nagaveni_ns
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

i am facing Driver not capable issue.

report is based on universe and OLAP Connection.

some of the user can run the report with out any issues and some user facing the issue, it clearly says it is not the issue with SNC Configuration.

can you help me on this,.

Thanks,

Nagaveni

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is an old post. (2 years +)

this is a well documented problem, if you can access the Notes search in the service marketplace .

for forum discussions, detailed version, sp and patch information is mandatory.  UNV or UNX ?  single source or multi source ?

also, the datasource vendor & version is important too.

regards,

H