cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Transport Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NW2004s, Oracle 10g, Windows 2003 server...

I having problem for Transport, when I import from DEV to in QA, no error, and its keep running no response... Just keep shows truck sign...

I checked transport layer is working fine even I tried to import TEST transport thats ok... I re-create transport again in BI DSO same problem...

Please tell me is there anything trace file I can check...

Thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

Check the following--

- Check in transaction SM37 that the job RDDIMPDP is running.

- There is enough space in trans directory.

- Enough number of background workprocess (minimum of two and may be required more than two at times)

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for reply

I checked space trans directory basically we are running windows 2003 server, and that partition has enough space

I check logs its shows transport sucessfuly done 0 error

I check Transport layer thats fine

background Job RDDMPDP run and finished

BUT Truck sign still there, any ohter idea

Please notify me

Thank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh the import screen. Go to the import monitor and check whether any job is still running. Get in touch with the concerned person who had asked to import the request and ask him to verify whether the changes have arrived in QA or not.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

if your import is currently showing running then check :

1. tp system log - i doubt that there are some tp warnings/errors may have blocked it.

2. check if any RDD* job is active in the system.

3. if job is active then check the state of the work process that is handling the RDD* job. Whats the state of the WP ? hold ? sleep ? check and analyse this work process.

You'll get the clue from the three steps above.

Best Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj and all others

Thank your time, but problem still exist, I dleete transport in que which has turck sign, and goto monitor and delte that entry also I delete LOB transport buffer file

there is no user login in QA lot of work process free

what kind of log should I check there are lot of files in usr\sap\trans\log directory

please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have verified that all the logs look ok and the transport went successfully, what you can do is :

from STMS -> Import Overview -> Select QA system and then go to its queue .

From Goto -> Import Monitor, here if you still see the transport, right click on it and then Delete entry.

This should fix your issue hopefully.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for latest SLOG and ALOG file and post the contents of both files here.

Delete all the .LOC and .LOB files from tmp directory. Cancel the import job, if any, in import monitor. Check for number of free Background work process (not dialog).

Check the job RDDIMPDP is scheduled to run or not. If not, schedule using the report RDDNEWMPP through client 000.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello naveed

I done that already delete it from monitor and click Goto extra --> other request --> Add the same transport, still Truck sing is not go away

I delete it and try some other transport same probelm truck sign no go away

Please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's happening with every transport request, I believe the job RDDIMPDP is not scheduled in the system. Schedule it as I mentioned in my above post. Before that makes sure you delete all the .LOB and .LOC files.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I double check for Job in sm37 its working here is screenshot

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38842895@N04/4493737139/sizes/o/

but I notes that its just start and finished, not release mode should I have to re-create job if yes, what schedule should I give that job

also where should I check SLOG files... in trans directory log has lot of files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RDDIMPDP job is an event driven job. So in SM37 you have to select * in the field "or after event" then you should be able to see the job as released.

Also can you post screen shot of the Import Monitor.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete all the current instances of the job RDDIMPDP in the system in whichever mode it is.

Login to the client 000 using the user DDIC and execute the report RDDNEWPP using transaction SE38; this will schedule the job RDDIMPDP which is an event driven job.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed and sourabh

Thank for continue help

here is screen shot

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38842895@N04/4494599260/sizes/o/

I done client 000 DDIC and run that program its shows me messages:

Messages: Background job RDDIMPDP successfully scheduled in client 000

after I check sm37 to display jobs here is screenshot

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38842895@N04/4493967859/sizes/o/

I notes that table TRBAT has 2 entries one very old transport number and 2nd entry is HEADER

I would like to delete that entry for Transport number but delete option is disabled

I try to login as system in sql and try to delete but sql hangs

any idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in your first screen shot have you tried deleting that entry by right clicking on where it has a red truck sign with IMPORT BIDK901100 BIQ ??

Also check [SAP Note 71353 - Transports hang during background steps|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=71353]

Step 5 in [SAPNote 556941 - Transport FAQ: Error scenarios|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=556941]

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

You can find the slog files in the directory, D:\usr\sap\trans\log.

To schedule the job RDDIMPDP, you can run RDDNEWPP in client 000 using ddic user.

After this you should also run the same program in the client where you are doing your transport.

While scheduling the job increase the priority to high(i.e Priority A) See if it helps..

Take a look at the link, hope it helps

Regards,

vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souraboh and Naveed + all others

Thank you so much for you time

Problem has been resolved, incase if transport is stuck or hang while import you have to follow these steps:

1. Goto SM30 Table name: TRTAB (delete both entry) one is transport and 2nd record is heading

2. Do transport again...

Incase if you can't delete it or system hang while you delete these entry simply goto SQL and follow these

1. check these entries first

2. login sysdba

3. select * from SAPSR3.TRBAT;

4. Delete from SAPSR3.TRBAT;

Keep in your mind sometime SQL is hang while you delete these entry so

1. Trun off instance and reboot server

2. Goto SQL and start up database

3. and follow SQL statement again

4. start SAP instance

If still having problem then

1. Goto usr/sap/trans/tmp

2. Find out one file <SID>.LOB just change that filename SAP will create again automatically

Regards

It should works fine...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was your quality system brought down while importing the request?

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check under /usr/sap/trans/tmp and /usr/sap/trans/log. Look for the file with time stamp when you were running the transport.

Thanks,

Naveed