cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified Table - Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I have field in the Main table, where I need to run a assignment on this field, based on the validation results from qualified table (qualifier).

Lets say field in Main table is " Global Status " ; Qualified table ( qualifier field - plant status).

if plant status = Z3 then Global Status is Active --> i can have more than one qualified links and may the Plant status= Z3 is first qualified link or last qualified link.

Is this possible?? to writie a validation for the same.

please revert to me asap.

thanks,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there are some limitations on executing validations on Qualified Table.

Check the solution mentioned in Note # "1340831 - Validation Rule on Qualified Table" & Note # "1423359 - How to create valdation rule on Qualified table". Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Shiv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

As per my understanding, I think this is possible to run a validation if plant status = Z3 then Global Status is Active.

This validation is true if any of the qualified links has Plant Status = Z3, either this is 1st Qualifed link or last and fails only if none of qualifed links has plant status = Z3.

As you are running Validations this should run as expected. Further on the based of Validation result you can run assignment.

I also feel that you can also run Assignment directly if any of the qulified link has plant status = Z3 then populate Global status = Active as Global status field belongs to main table not qualified table.

Just check and revert with result as I dont have MDM installed on my PC so would able to check it tomorrow from my end.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I really meant Validation is first part of my Assignment, anyway things are not working as we expected.

Its checking only the first Link, for example if "Z3" is in my first link the assignment working, else its not.

my expression sample:

If(QualifiedTable.LookupTable.Field1="Z3","Active")

thanks,

Alexander.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander.

We have the same problem

We can only check count of records in QLUT

Multivalued LUT can help you

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

This is a problem with validations. It checks just the first link. As far as QLUT are concerned MDM still has couple of limitations.

check this link which talks about the limitations of MDM. There is a handful listed wrt Qualified lookups.