Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Integration with Active Directory

former_member66888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out if it is possible to integrate our R/3 4.7 system with Microsoft Active Directory. What we want to achieve is 'automatic creation of user id on Active Directory and data mapping (from SAP HR to MS AD) on hiring or transfer of employees'.

I am not looking for SSO. I am not looking to synchronize SAP user ids with AD ids; but rather SAP employee records with Active Directory.

Could someone help me understand if this is possible?

The documentation i have read so far seems to indicate this works only for user ids synchronization. Not sure if i am correct on that.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bc72b890-0201-0010-3a8d-e31e3e266...

thanks & regards,

Zubair

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

> What we want to achieve is 'automatic creation of user id on Active Directory and data mapping (from SAP HR to MS AD) on hiring or transfer of employees'.

> I am not looking to synchronize SAP user ids with AD ids; but rather SAP employee records with Active Directory.

I don't see the difference nor the problem here?

You create an employee in HR. This performs a self-registration of an SU01 user ID. You synchronize the "leading" user store for employee type identities in HR with the AD.

Okay... call it "provisionification" instead of "synchronization" and you should be able to fullfill your requirement easily...

Please clarify if I have missed the question. I also moved it to the correct forum.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naseer,

Which is the identity manager you are using? In case you are using some third party identity manager, than generally it so happens that any new joinee is given his access to webmail and all, in the identity manager. And from the identity manager tool, a role is given to the user which creates his account in SAP. And sinulaneously, when the user is given his basic access in the organization, his account gets created in AD. The updation of SAP HR and synch happens later on.

Regards,

Sneha Vyas.