Did you mean: 

How to recreate SAP* user master record in a client

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..

Due to some urgency, we have deleted SAP* from database(Oracle) using command-

delete from SAPPRD.USR02 where BNAME='SAP*' and MANDT='500';

Now after deleting SAP*, i need to login with password while parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=1" is set.

Because user master record does not exist for client 500, I am unable to login with user SAP*.

I also tried to recreate user SAP* using SU01 but it result to ABAP dump with message--

"The ABAP/4 Open SQL array insert results in duplicate database records."

Regards

abhimanyu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

user SAP* is stored in more than one table. To completely eliminate the duplicate exist error when trying to recreate the SAP* ensure that it delete from all the tables listed by using

DELETE  FROM SWP.swp.<tablenme>   where MANDT =<clientID> and BNAME='SAP*'

USR01

USR02

USR03

USR05

USR07

USR21

USR21S

USR22

USR41_MLD

USRBF2

USRBF3

USREFUS

Regards,

Adeyinka

0 Kudos

The Solution proposed was implemented on MSSQL SERVER 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , Sorry to revive an old thread but this is the closest problem I could find related to what I am going through now.

I completed a refresh of a system from a different system and I now need to login to the new target system but I don't have ANY login information.

I logged into the DB via sql and deleted the sap* entry and committed the changes but the default password is still not working. I executed these statements:

SQL> DELETE from SAPBIX.USR02 where MANDT='000' and BNAME='SAP*';

1 row deleted.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

I suspect the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 1 so this type of access is forbidden. But I am in a situation where I don't know any username/password to login to the system to have this parameter reset... Is there any fail-safe for a situation like this? Any help appreciated!

Kindly,

Omar

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved myself,

see last post for solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos
i need to login with password while parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=1" is set.
I want to use specific password without changing parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar.

I don't want to use default passord PASS after changing parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

Can you tell us the reason behind this? why you want to run SAP in your way and why don't you run with.

Once you deleted sap* user, it will be taken care by sap automaticaly..you cant do anything(as a customer) otherthan changing the parameter and logging with initial password pass........

1) change the parameter value to 0

2) delete sap* from DB level

3) login with sap* and password pass

4) you can create user master record from SU01

Just follow the steps and update this message with output....

Regards,

Nick Loy

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

hi..

I was getting error in step 4. so i just created a dummy user "TEST" and then used following command to update it to "SAP*"

update SAPPRD.USR02 set bname = 'SAP*' where mandt = '500' and bname = 'TEST';

commit;

Now i am able to login with SAP* in client 500 and now working OK.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhi

lmake ogin/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0 and restart the application server.

Now, you should be able to login with SAP* and user "pass"

also look at thread below

Regards

Anindya

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Apr 5, 2010 5:42 PM

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

I want to use specific password without changing parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar.

I don't want to use default passord PASS after changing parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

Regards,

Abhimanyu

Edited by: Abhimanyu Pandey on Apr 5, 2010 2:15 PM

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that.

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0, password for sap* is being read from the Kernel at it is always pass.

If you have deleted, sap* you can again login with sap* and pass by making login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0.

But before changing the password you have to change the parameter again login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 1. Then SAP* will come in SU01. This will create user master record for sap* in usr02 table. Try to change

Please have a look at the thread link I provided in my previous post.

Regards

Anindya

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Apr 5, 2010 5:53 PM

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Apr 5, 2010 5:54 PM

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..

The solution in the provided thread was to create user master record using SU01. Even then i tried with changed parameter and logged in there using SAP/ PASS but using SU01, i am unable to change password for user SAP. It gives error message SAP* does not exist.

But when i try to create user SAP*, program "SAPLSUU1" terminates giving message-

"The ABAP/4 Open SQL array insert results in duplicate database records. "

Regards,

Abhimanyu

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abhi

Try the following steps.

1. Login with sap* /pass

2. Unlock /reset password for any other user id in that client with SU01 authorization viz DDIC ( if you know the password for DDIC and it is not locked then no need to change)

3. Change the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 1.

4. Restart the system.

5. Login with any other id like DDIC in that client, and from SU01 , create SAP* with your password.

Regards

Anindya

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your SQLPLUS prompt still alive?

Have you exited or "commit" your transaction?

probably not...

exit out of SQLPLUS. this should fix your issue.

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..

No help with these steps. still program in SU01 is terminating.

one thing, can record directly be inserted in USR02 table for SAP*. and then can be tried with SU01 ????

Regards,

Abhimanyu