cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Classification Data extraction fron ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to extract material classification data from ECC 6.0 to MDM 7.1 using mdmgx T-Code. We are using the standard SAP list of tables which is uploaded in MDMGX. On performing 'Start Extraction' it gives us the following errors:

Class and characteristics info returned is blank

Blank XML returned for port LT_ClassAttributes

Blank XML returned for port LT_Classes

Kindy advice if we are missing anything.

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo

How did you recognize that "MAT_ATTR" is the RNCH value ? Since, in the KLAH table the CLASS field has multiple values that refer to the class type "001". I'm not sure how to identify the class that is the RNCH.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Neelesh

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you defined Function Module Parameters for exceptional Cases??

If not then following parameters need to be defined in MDMGX of R/3 System for Product Classification Data extraction:

Function Module Name                        Parameters
MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR                        RNCH|001
MDM_ERP_CLASSATTRIBUTES_EXTR                RNCH|001,MDMGXExtractionMethod=2

Where RCNH is Root node of Class hierarchy. 001 is class type and MDMGXExtractionMethod=2 is constant.

Please try it and let us know if this solves problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv and Mandip,

Thanks for your inputs. I have akready tried these options. One issue is that I cannot see the input parameter 'FM Parameter (Example)' in 'Define Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Cases' in MDMGX.

Even though i go to Settings and select all the three fields Object Type, FM & 'FM Parameter it still gives me only the first two fields.

Also on execution using the details :

Object Type: Material

FM : MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR it gives an error 'No table entries found for specified data'

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also tried using SE37 and directly executing the related FM's. MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR & MDM_ERP_CLASSATTRIBUTES_EXTR

which gives me the error that 'No customizing entries found for port LT_Classes ... etc'

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliza,

You have to define function module parameters.

See, once you execute "Define Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Cases" in MDMGX.

A screen will open, here don't give any values for ObjectType and functional module for data selection, just leave them blank and execute it again. As you said on this screen, you will see only the first two fields. Here you need to go for Create (F5) where you would able to see Client, ObjectType, Function Module XML & Input Parameter. Please define here as shown below:

Object Type | Function Module XML | Input Parameter

Material | MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR | RNCH|001

Material | MDM_ERP_CLASSATTRIBUTES_EXTR (*) | RNCH|001,MDMGXExtractionMethod=2

Once you defined it succesfully, try executing Start Extraction, you will get all your files along with Material Classification data.

Also make sure of Processing level (0,1,2, etc) during Start Extraction Using MDMGX.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Thanks, Tried excatly as u said and referred to the Guide too. I have created the entries for Functional modules in MDMGX for MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR & MDM_ERP_CLASSATTRIBUTES_EXTR, i could not include the (*) parameter due to field length constraints though.

Process 0 exceution takes palce successfully , Process level 1 fails with an error that MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR FM does not exist.

Is this a patch level issue? Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are working on MDM 7.1 SP04 or imported MDMGX port content of MDM 7.1 Sp04 or higher. with this port content version new function modules has been introduced for extraction of hierarchy lookup tables.

I think your ECC is not up to correct patch and missing these function modules. Please check SAP Note 1403879 - MDMGX: Framework Enhancement for MDM Hierarchy Lookup Tables" for more details.

If possible please apply patch or remove that port entry from MDMGX if at all not required.

Also you need not to include (*) in parameter...

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliza,

There is no need to include the (*), i put it there as indicator that for function module MDM_ERP_CLASSATTRIBUTES_EXTR you need to put MDMGXExtractionMethod=2 in the input parameter along with RNCH|001.

As you have extracted data using Processing level = 0, did you get there file as Material Classification data or not ?

Process level 1 fails with an error that MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR FM does not exist. You can remove that port entry from MDMGX if you need that there is no need to extract data for it. As you are not able to get function module.

Please check SAP Note : 1404964 MDMGX: New Function Module for MDM Hierarchy Lookup Tables.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have applied the required Notes to resolve the FM's missing in ECC. So now we no longer get the 'FM does not exist' error.

On execution of Process 0; I found out that Classes.XML file is not created and no data is extracted for Classes - Level 0.

Although I am able to successfully extract data for Product Hierarchies Table and other normal lookup tables.

Messgae:

Now, On further execution of Process 1, no data file is generated and the following message is:

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliza,

I hope you defined input parameters correctly into Define Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Cases. So it should come.

As you are getting Blank XML returned for port LT_Classes as well as for LT_ClassAttributes, it may be also because of you are not maintaining data corresponding to Classes and ClassAttributes into your ECC system. Check with Functional consultant that have you maintained data for this Class into SAP ECC System or not.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I have checked this with my functional consultant and we can see records present for Classes, Class tYpes and Class Attributes in ECC (KLAh, TCLA, CABN, CAWN ) tables.

Is there anything else we are missing like any SPRO setting or any relationship?

Kindly Advice,

Thans and Regards,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliza,

I am not sure about SPRO settings as you can check this with any MM functional consultant. But as you said that Data is there.

It seems like you have not defined input parameters correctly for Function Modules XML under Define Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Cases.

See for function modules MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR and MDM_ERP_CLASSATTRIBUTES_EXTR , check for input parameter you defined with functional consultant. You don't need to actually defined RNCH|001 , it is an abbreviation you need to check it with functional consultant. RNCH means here Root Node of Class Hierarchy. Function consultant can tell this parameter which is defined as root node. e.g. if it is defined as ZXXX, then you need to fill input parameter as ZXXX|001 not RNCH|001

Can you please update the status of your thread ?

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Hi Mandeep,

Can you pls send an example of how will the entire structure look like for Classes, Class Hierarchies.

I mean will the Class Hierarchies and classes XML file include entries of Class types too, or will it just contain classes only.

Eample:

<ClassHierarchies>

<Class>LIQUID_SAMPLER</Class>

<ParentClass /> 001<ParentClass /> 001 is class type

<Name_English>LIQUID_SAMPLER</Name_English>

</ClassHierarchies>

Will the extracted file lokk like the above or will it be as below:

<ClassHierarchies>

<ParentClass />

</ClassHierarchies>

Thanks in advanec,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliza,

I think rather than class type there should be Class Name e.g.

-<ClassHierarchies>

<ParentClass />Zparent<ParentClass />

</ClassHierarchies>

-<ClassHierarchies>

<Class>Zparent</Class>

<ParentClass />

<Name_English>ZPARENT</Name_English>

</ClassHierarchies>

One of the <ClassHierarchies> should not have ParentClass because there must be one class which is parent of all classes e.g. here ZPARENT

You should check that may be 001 is here also defined as class-name not class type. I would also say check do you have other ParentClass as Class name or not, except 001. Try to import this data in the manner as shown in MDM import Manager Reference Guide page 162 onwards using Create Hierarchy, after import check with business/functional consultant. Please have a look into it,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8e7a42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMImportManager71...

You can also use predefined import map for pre-delivered repositories like Material, Product etc.

Also, refer http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/eClassTaxonomyinCustomRepositories

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

arturo_blasi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Eliza and Mandeep,

The easiest way to find the "RNCH" is going into table KLAH, field CLASS. Enter this value into the MDMGX function module parameters.

Example: in my case the RNCH value was "MAT_ATTR" (from SE16 in SAP)

I enter the parameters in MDMGX:

MAT_ATTR|001

And I got all the results!

Hope this helps.

Arturo Blasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliza,

In order to configure the extraction of classification data you need to specify parameters for the extraction function modules. Use function u201CDefine Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Casesu201D of transaction MDMGX and the following entries:

Object Type | Function Module | FM Parameter (Example)

Material | MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR | RNCH|001

Material | MDM_ERP_CLASSATTRIBUTES_EXTR (*) | RNCH|001,MDMGXExtractionMethod=2

Legend: (*) = Parameter MDMGXExtractionMethod= 2 needed for having the full extraction functionality. Specify as last parameter and do not forget to enter the comma as separator

RNCH = Root Node of Class Hierarchy

001 = Class Type

For more details: Refer 6.2 Extraction of class hierarchies and characteristics of MDM Material Content which you can find in attachments of SAP Note: 1355137. This will resolve your problem.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1355137

Also, refer /people/shivprashant.dixit/blog/2010/03/11/extraction-of-custom-product-taxonomies-from-crm-or-srm

Regards,

Mandeep Saini