Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Experts

I have following Queries:

1) We want to plan in inactive(111) Version and after plan is finalized then we want move to 000 Version.

In this regard, Whether I need to take version as 111 in the Sales History Cube for the 9aversion field ?

2) When i release the Demand to the SNP where version should be only 000 or we can release it with 111 also?

Thanks in Advance

regards

Preetam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi preetam,

1) Yes you can determine the version number in the Sales History Cube as 111. You can also copy data back and forth between 000 and 111 thru the txn /SAPAPO/TSCOPY - Copy/Version Management

2) In txn /SAPAPO/MC90 - Release Demand Planning to Supply Network Planning you can specify which version you want to select as source.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks

Mani

Edited by: Mani Suresh on Apr 5, 2010 2:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mani

Thanks for immediate reply.

You mean that:

I need to take 111 Version in the Info cube and Create CVC's based on 111 Version.

Load Sales History data to Planning area in 111 version.

After planning is done then copy the data from 111 to 000 version.

From 111 or 000 version release the demand to SNP using copy version managment.

Scenario:

If i take 000 version in Infocube and create CVC's on 000 version and Initialize Planning area in 000 ans 111 version.Then i can able to Plan in 111 and copy to 000.

Release the demand from 111 or 000 to snp.Whether i can do it in this way?Please confirm.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your steps will work. The CVCs created can be created for 000 and used for 111 as well. Remember to update time series though for version 111. Everything else should work as you have mentioned.

As our other friend has suggested here, you can also copy 000 history into 111 so as to reduce storage space in infocube. /SAPAPO/TSCUBE offers a lot of flexibility is copying data between cube and planning areas.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Mani

Edited by: Mani Suresh on Apr 5, 2010 3:27 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Preetam,

Let me try to answer your queries, and share my experiences, which may be helpful.

Any planning that you need to do in a simulation version, we need to think about the Livecache space it would require. Different approaches are available.

1) If you want to do planning in APO with a simulation version, you are incresing LC. And most of the time, you wil use simulation version only for a small period during planning, while rest of the time, it is just occupying your LC. Now, if you study carefully at the key figures that you would require to be changed in simultaion, you may find that there are very few key figures that a user changes during simultion. You may just create these key figures directly in active version and give them a name that could easily distinguish them as a simulation related key figure. This also helps to provide the simulation key figure in the same planning book for refernce (Future user requirements that usually crop up). We have used this on one of our sites. And note that, CVCs need not be created if you are working with one MPOS (i.e - Multiple Planning versions of one or more planning areas on one Planning Object Structure does not require you to create CVCs)

2) SNP can also have mulitple versions (000 is always the active version). You can release DP data (Forecast / Demand) to any SNP version. But, you will need to ask yourself, if you need to do simulation in SNP. Secondly, unlike DP, for SNP you will need to a planning run to reproduce simulation results. As far as I know, they cannot be copied from simulation to Active version. We have done simulation for a client only for an optimiser run, based on which we had to commit factories our capcaity requirements. We had also done it for Advanced safety stock calculation. You may like to explain your scenario, so that I can suggest a suitable approach.

Thanks,

Prashant Ghule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetam,

Regarding your first query, you can initialize your DP planning area with 111 version directly provided the this version exists in your system. You may check the same in transaction /sapapo/mvm. Then you need not have 111 version in your sales history cube.

Yon copy the data from the history info cube into the active version, then copy the history to version 111, do your planning and copy back the results into active version after necessary massaging of data.

This approach saves the effort and space of maintaining another version of history in cube.

However if you are doing this for the first time, I would request you to carry this out in test system and replicate this in the production system.

Regarding your second query, you can copy (//TSCOPY) and release (//MC90) your data from DP from any version to any version in SNP provided both of them exists in the planning area.

Let me know if above was useful.

Rgds, Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Budhiraja on Apr 5, 2010 11:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep

Yon copy the data from the history info cube into the active version, then copy the history to version 111, do your planning and copy back the results into active version after necessary massaging of data.

This approach saves the effort and space of maintaining another version of history in cube.

If i use 000 version in the Infocube,whether we can able to copy history data from History Cube to 111 version of planning area directly using load planning area version ?

Preetam

I think you can copy history from 000 to 111 version of planning area.Test it in demo system.

Please confirm after you test.

Regards

Edited by: rave0402 on Apr 5, 2010 12:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can copy any version from cube to any version in plng area using the txn /SAPAPO/TSCUBE - Load Data from InfoCube

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for sharing your ideas.

As we are using 2 versions 111 & 000.

We have 10 key figures in Planning Area.I need to initialize planning area for all Keyfigures for 111 version and only 2 key figures need to be initialized for 000 Version.My idea is to reduce space in Live Cache.

How to make this settings?

Thanks in Advance

Edited by: preetam1196 on Apr 5, 2010 1:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not initializing time series for KF is not possible, but there is a small workaround.

In /sapapo/msdp_admin, right click on the planning area and click create time series objects.

Then in the screen that appears, fill out all details like version, start date, end date and then in the Key Figure View, create time series for the entire horizon for the 2 KF you need and for all other KF initialize for only 1 period.

This will save LC space.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani