cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Access Review without ERM not configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

In my landscape CUP and RAR is implemented but ERM is not.

As per the guide the technical prerequisite for UAR and SOD Review request is:

(Configuration of systems (connectors) in ERM is required for transaction usage and for user-role assignment information.)

Is there any way around i can create UAA request in CUP withour ERM implemented.

I really dont understand whats the role of ERM in its configuration.

Thank you,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

This is how SAP developed UAR and SoD review piece. They just want to make sure that customers start using ERM somehow. The bottomline is, ERM needs to be configured for UAR requests. You don't have to go through full implementation of ERM.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Balaji,

>

> This is how SAP developed UAR and SoD review piece. They just want to make sure that customers start using ERM somehow. The bottomline is, ERM needs to be configured for UAR requests. You don't have to go through full implementation of ERM.

>

> Regards,

> Alpesh

That must be it! Because I've yet to hear a good reason why ERM would be needed to develop UAR in CUP. CUP should be able to talk to the backend to find manager-employee relationship. It already does this. CUP should be able to retrieve user and their roles. It already does this. CUP should be able to communicate directly with RAR to retrieve transaction data. It already communicates with RAR...

Maybe I am missing something or looking at it from too high level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jes,

I agree with you 101%. CUP and RAR can handle everything what is needed to perform UAR and SoD. It is one way of asking customers to look at ERM. And later if you like ERM, you will implement it.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks for your reply.

What minimal ERM implementation is required then?

I just realised that ERM is installed but noway we are using it..(IT has zero data)

I just want to configure it for UAR .

Will establishing a connector , uploading the role usage file and running the job suffice?

Please let us know what configuration is required?

Thanks,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

If you are planning to use normal "UAR ReviewLoad data job" then only following config is needed in ERM -

1) System / Connector config

2) Connectivity to RAR tcode usage web service

2) Run ERM Role usage sync job for the systems UAR needs to be generated.

If you are planning to use "UAR Review load data tasks" then you will also need to configure the Role parameters in ERM against which UAR requests will be generated.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using ERM just touse UAR functionality, ERM role usage sync jobs gives one additional information - Role usage count i.e. no.of times roles was used by user.

Thanks

Laks

Answers (0)