Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS CHARACTERISTICS

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

I have the following queries regarding info structure:

How many characteristic fields can be included in one info record?

Can I include one more characteristic field in already exsisting info record?

Is it possible to bring the exchange rate entered in the sale order for currency conversion?

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your questions:

Q1: How many characteristic fields can be included in one info record?

A1: you can have a large number of characteristic fields in the InfoStructure, however the number of characteristics for the (primary) selection is limited to 9. There is an OSS note on this topic

Q2: Can I include one more characteristic field in already exsisting info record?

A2: No, you can not include one more characteristic field to an already existing InfoStructure. You will have to build a new InfoStructure and then add the new fields. Then you can / will have to use OLI7, OLI8, OLI9 and OLIX to (re)build your new InfoStructure.

Q3: Is it possible to bring the exchange rate entered in the sale order for currency conversion?

A3: Yes, this is possilbe, but you might have to bulld a formula to do this.

Regards,

Jan Pel

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can definetely add a characteristic to the existing Infostructure as long as you have that in the source table and the Infostructure doesn't fall under SAP Name range. To do that use transaction "MC19" and enter the field catalog you want to change, click on characteristics once you enter and click on selection list. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Inofrmation on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, I wanted to add the sales district to an exsisitng info structure, I hope this can be done based on your reply. Further can you please reply on the max number of the characteristics tht can be added and on the exrate.

raj

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

First check If it falls under the SAP Name range .If it is not, You can add as many as you want. The best option would be to copy the existing Infostructure to a new (Slef defined) Infostructure and add this can be used. Once you create this infosturcture, you can update the Old orders using "OLI7". Kindly please let me know If you need any more information this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "SAP name range" can you please explain how to check this?

raj

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Go to Transaction "MC19" and enter the the field cataloge and press enter, If it goes in , then you can change , other wise you will get an error "Field catalog is in SAP Name Range" which means this is the standard catlog and you can not change it. Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Max characteristics per infostructure is 9

Frank

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats true as far as the Infostructure is comcerend( MC21). But in Field catalog you can put as many charectaristics as you want(MC18). Sorry raj, I got confused here. You can hve only "9" char in Infostructure"MC22", But you can not change info structures form S001- S499. If your Infostructure starts IS BETWEEN s 501- s999, You can add char to it. But be note that this may cause Inconsistencies in data. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Edited by: RamPedarla on Apr 5, 2010 6:14 PM

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

There are so many fiedl catalogs IN MC19 which one I have to enter for sales district field?

RAJ

Edited by: gtaraj on Apr 5, 2010 3:04 PM

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You go to "MC22" and see the Infostructure you are using to generate sales stastics. You should have the sales district in Infostructure "S003"(Standard- SAP Delivered), but you will not be able to change the standard. If not select a self defined infostructure and try to get the field catalog , by clicking on choosecharacteristics and then on selection list. Now you will be able to see the field catlogs. Take suitable one and add new field to it. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla