cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parse Failed: Exception: CS, Non Supported datatype - Timestamp datatype

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing problem with datatype "Timestamp" in BO XI R2 over database Oracle 10g . There are few objects which were mapped to datatype as "date" in the database earlier. We were able to create and use objects defined in the universe as datatype "date" for those objects. Following are the type of object we were using earlier:

1)Start_Time Object Type:Date

Definition:Table1.START_TIME

2)End_Time Object Type:Date

Definition:Table1.END_TIME

3)Run Time Object Type:Date

Definition:(Table1.END_TIME-Table1.START_TIME)243600000

These objects were working fine till the time the datatype in the database was changed to " timestamp". Now for object no#3 we are getting the following error:

"Parse Failed: Exception: CS, Non Supported datatype "

Even if the Parsing works fine for object no#1 & object no#2 but we are not able to do anytype of calculation at the Webi Report level. Please suggest a workaround at universe level or report level to correct the issue. It will be better to come up with a workaround at itself since the report is drillable report.

Appreciate you suggestions

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change the data type of RunTime to number

Former Member
0 Kudos

The datatype is already a number , it was typo error , sorry about that. Just to update , I tried pushing the calculation to Derived table but still getting the same error. Appreciate your suggestion.

Just to add on more investigation to it.I tried subtracting the above mentioned object no#2 - object no#1 at Webi level and got the following error message:

The expression/sub-expression at position 1 uses an invalid data type.Specify a valid data type. (Error: WIS 10037)

Edited by: Anshuman Kumar on Apr 5, 2010 3:10 PM

Edited by: Anshuman Kumar on Apr 5, 2010 3:12 PM

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try DaysBetween function in WebI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well DaysBetween() is working fine in the Webi Report.But just to confirm will it provide me the break in terms to seconds? Since the whole idea of using Timestamp datatype in database is to get the milliseconds difference between the two columns.

Answers (0)