cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Travel Request - Restrict Dropdown Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I am customizing the Travel ESS (webdynpro java) standard application. The requirement is to restrict the no of options in the "Accounting Object" drop down to just one entry "WBS Element" (the other options in dropdown are like Cost center, Order, Cost Object, Sales Order etc... I should eliminate all the other elements in the drop down and keep only one option that is "WBS Element".. This dropdown is displayed when the user clicks on "Change Cost Assignment" button in General Data Screen of Travel Request creation.

I could not find any design time UI elements in the GeneralData View of VcTreGeneralData Component of the DC "esstratre". I even could not find this dropdown (_Accounting Object_) is generated dynamically in wdDoModify. Can any one through some light on this and tell me which RFC is providing values to the dropdown Accounting Object Or in which DC and in which component the code for auto generating the dropdown UI element and fetching values into the dropdown (RFC call) is written.

My intention is to restrict the values of the Accounting Object dropdown to just one option and avoid all other options.

Any pointers or clue will be higly appreciated and full points are guaranteed

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Standard SAP, you will have the basic Variable names as Order,Sales Order, etc. You need to modify the Cost Assignment Object in the u201C Screen Modification for Account Assignment Blocku201D as per your needs.

u2022If you want only WBS in the Cost Assignment, then create a u201CUser Groupu201D and select the Variable name as u201CWBS Elementu201D.

u2022Then map the u201CUser Groupu201D to the u201C Field Control for Account Assignment Object via TRVCOu201D

u2022Once you map the above, you would be able to see only the WBS Element in the Cost Assignment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for the response. I have checked in the model mappings but could not find any Accounting Object Field in the RFC you mentioned. Are you sure that this RFC is providing values to the Accounting Object dropdown. Could you please tell me where the webdynpro is calling this RFC (in which DC, component, controller) and populating the dropdown. If I know this I could change the code to filter the values of the dropdown to just one. Or atleast if I know the exact RFC I can ask the Abaper to restrict the values at RFC level itself.

Regards

Ramesh.

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is only one RFC through that its get the data; PTRM_WEB_CUSTOMIZING