cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Events

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a View that has three LinkToAction UI elements. When clicking each one of them, it has to navigate to three other views. Have created the necessary outbound plugs, inboundplugs, links and onAction Events. But only the first LinkToAction works - on clicking navigates to its corresponding view. The other two links do not work - on clicking does not do anything. Can anyone tell me what could the problem be ? Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned to each link an individual action or do you want to use a common action?

You might add a debug statement into each event handler, like

void onAction1(...)
{
  /* inside user coding area: */ 
  wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess
  (
    "Action1 executed"
  );
  wdThis.wdFirePlugToView1(...);
}

Additionally check your navigational links.

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Did you bind onAction action handler with all UI element`s events? BTW, in case you are using one action handler for multiple UI elements events you need parameters mapping for each UI element (LinkToAction). Call for every linkToAction UI element

mappingOfOnAction().addParameter( "action", element.getId() ) in wdDoModifyView method and add to action handler new parameter action.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin and Maksim,

Thanks for your replies. For some reason the following line did not get generated. After I added it manually it works.

wdThis.wdFirePlugToView3();

Thanks Again.