Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to File Scenario: Locking/Packets

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have an IDOC to File Scenario.

I would like to know if there are some best practices/solutions to the following approach:

1. IDOC is sent to XI and XI transfers the file to Legacy System(Mainframe)

2. Mainframe processess the file based on the filename.

Question

SAP Keeps writing the to the file and there will be changes to the file with addition of records.

Is there a process from SAP XI to tell that it has processed the file successfully, Legacy would process the file even if the File has been processed/processing records.?

What are the different ways SAP XI can tell that it has processed the file successfully.

Thanks,

Tirumal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

>>Is there a process from SAP XI to tell that it has processed the file successfully, Legacy would process the file even if the File has been processed/processing records.?

If you are using FTP as Transfer protocol you can try using <b>Put File</b> Option as <b>Directly</b> [It is in FTP Connection parameters section].

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Application acknowledgement is not possible with file system. (i.e, XI has no way of knowing if the message sent to the file has been succesfully processed.)

It can support only system acknowledgements, (i.e, XI will get a response saying, the message has reached the destination.)

In order to receive acks, you would have to configure a BPM in this scenario.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>What are the different ways SAP XI can tell that it has processed the file successfully.</i>

>>> Is it mean , file is processed in the mainframe system ? if so , I don't think it is possible with one Idoc to File Interface.

File system is not supporting Application Acknowledgement.

But XI can make sure that File is received by the receiver successfully with the help of System Acknowledgement.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tirumal~

Filesystem doesn't have an Application sitting on OS directly interacting with SAP XI , so a possibility of Application Acknowledgement doesn't arise.System acknowledgments are the only way out for Fileadapter communications.

However (though not a best practice) you can configure a exit on Adapter with a module using a piece of Java code to get back an explicit response after checking if the file has been written properly!!