cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Results with material and serial numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can any one explain the process how the inspection results can be entered for the material with the serial numbers.

Thanks in advance.

-Santhosh

Edited by: santhosh kumar on Apr 5, 2010 8:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor

Hello Santhosh,

I assume serial numbers have been assigned to the inspection lot you are processing. Follow this thereafter.

1. Go to QA32

2. Click on results

3. Double click in Results column

4. Another screen will get open where you can record the results serial numberwise.

If serial numbers have not been assigned to inspection lot, you can not do RR serial number wise. Let us know the procedure you followed for this.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks .

I could not able to find the serial number in the inspection results.Can you please suggest the probelm.

Procedure is described as follows:

1.The serial numbers has been created manually with the material.

2.The Quality planning has been created and inpsection characteristics has been assigned.

3.The inpsection lot has been created manually.

4.I want to enter the inspection results for the serial numbers.

-Santhosh.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Santhosh,

1. Please check the control indicator of MIC you are using. It should not be summarized. It should be single results.

2. What is the sampling size here in sampling procedure that you are using?

3. Also which inspection type you are using? 89 or you have customized your own. Please check in material master than Serial Number Management Possible tick has been activated against this inspection type.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks anand.

I have checked the settings,every thing is correct.But i am not using the sample procedure here.Wheather we have to activate any user exits or functional modules.This is the first time we are performing this QM process.

-Santhosh.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

No need for any user exits or function modules. This requirement can easily be mapped in standard SAP. I tell you the procedure that I followed which functioned successfully.

1. Activation of inspection type 89 in material master

2. Assignment of Serial Number Profile in Plant data / stor.2 view of material master.

3. Creation of MIC with single results as control indicator

4. Creation of inspection plan and assignment of above MICs to this plan

5. No need to maintain sampling procedure. If you donu2019t maintain sampling procedure, your lot size becomes sample size

6. Creation of serial numbers in IQ04

7. Creation of manual lot through QA01 for inspection type 89

8. Here when I click on Results (after selecting lot in QA32) the result recording screen appears as grayed out

9. Double click there or select that parameter and click in detail view of result recording

10. System asks you to put serial numbers.

It this doesnu2019t work, please get back with step by step detail procedures you followed.

Best regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand Appreciated.

I have followed the above procedure.But when we perform QA32 (inspection lot selection),the monitor status is in error message and i selected the line and clicked on the results recording,it goes to records results:characteristics overview screen,in that if click on unit to be inspected tab,then only serial number tab is getting displayed for first time.

I have created X material with five serial numbers,but i have entered the inspection results for one serial numbers.But when i proceed the same process for the other serial numbers,the serial numbers is not getting displayed.

You mean that we need to enter the serials numbers in the inspection unit no filed .Please let me know.

Is it possible to change the inspection results in the serial numbers itself!!!!!.

-Santhosh.

Edited by: santhosh kumar on Apr 6, 2010 11:00 AM

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Santhosh,

You mean that we need to enter the serials numbers in the inspection unit no filed .Please let me know.

Yes

Is it possible to change the inspection results in the serial numbers itself!!!!!.

Yes. What we do is, we lock the results after its valuation. Just unlock it and you can change the inspection results also.

Best Regards

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand.

I mean Is it possible to change the inspection results for the serial numbers in the T.code IQ03 !!!!!!

-Santhosh.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Santhosh,

In IQ03 it is not possible. Inspection results are always linked to inspection lot. So if you want to chage you can change in QA32.

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks anand.Well done.

Answers (0)