Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I have a example about Change Number.

Document D

When I do a change (create new version V1), I will create a change number (C1)

D

V1 -> C1 reason: R1

Then

We have:

V2 -> C2 reason: R2

BOM1 -> C2 because the change affect to BOM1

V3 -> C3 reason: R3

And I trace the changes through C1,C2,C3...

So, It's right ? Please correct me by repairing this example... That makes me clear in this problem.

And if I wanna view all of change numbers link to Document D. How to do it ?

Regards

An NLP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

An example scenario would be: Change Master is created, at status New. Objects (e.g. documents/ BOMs) can then be allocated to the change number by reference on creation of the object in question. If these objects are then approved, status could be changed to Complete, meaning no further objects can be assigned.

Therefore Typically a document is linked to a change master, as an object within the change master.

Changes (e.g. up-versions) to the document are modelled as change requests (ECR) - This results in the generation of a new change number. The objects should be added explicitly to the ECR. At a given status (e.g. approved) the ECR would become an ECO. The change objects can then be edited with reference to the change number. On completion of the change, a new status should be set e.g. u2018Change Completedu2019. This can be characteristic dependent. The change order is only completed when all change objects are set to u2018Change Completedu2019.

The original change master will list the objects in question and the change numbers applied to them, these can be drilled down into. The change master records the change history according to validity dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to link these numbers in ECM as object link and you can view all change numbers in single document.

I hope this will resolve your query.