cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Subform in Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what is a subform and when it is used. I am exploring a standard form wherein many Subforms are used. But some of them do not show up in the output. Pls tell me about binding for subforms as well.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subforms are used to group the conten together. Examples:

- using subform you group the field that compose one table row for example. of course that is "quite useful" when you want to bind the table row in the form to the table row data from backend, then you say bind the line to the line and all the fields to their backend equivalents

- using subform you can control the alignment of the form components (you can use flowed content where the editor will rearange the field for you automatically, there will be no errors etc., everything will fit)

- you want to hide a form section based on some condition (a field value), then you check the value and if you don´t like it, you just set the presence of the subform to hidden, the result will be that you cannot find this section any more, that is useful for example for very dynamic forms, for waorkflow forms etc.

Hope that helps a little, regards Otto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That can be done for example by:

1) scripting (open the script editor in your LCD) - Java script or Form Calc

2) alternatives in the form context

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

The best way to find help about the form and its object is to use Adobe Life Cycle Designer Help.

Once you open the designer there is a tab named "Help". There you can select "Adobe Life Cycle Designer Help".

you can navigate to following path in the help regarding subforms:

Using LiveCycle Designer > Working with Form Designs > Using subforms

Hope it will clear most of your doubts.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Subform is nothing but like a form which is used to place all the fields based on requirements in content area.

Two kind of subform : Positioned and Flowed.

Positioned type : Some objects can be positioned exactly in the Layout Editor at design time.Their positions will never change at runtime. For these objects, changing their positions in the Hierarchy palette does not change their positions in the layout – as long as you do not move them to a different page. (This is the case for boilerplate objects on a master page and in subforms of type Positioned.)

Flowed Type : the objects will follow each other, depending on the space they require at runtime. A body page (as the topmost subform) is typically of this type.

All the subforms may not be appeared on the form at runtime based on requirement. Those subforms may be hidden using Javascript or Formcalc based on the validations in events.

if field = "X"

Subform.presence = "hidden". Like this..

Thanks

GJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the replies. It has been helpful.

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am exploring the Standard form PYXXFO_SAP_PAYSLIP_CHQ which is used for Remuneration statement with Cheque slip.

Here, there's a subform at the bottom called "Cheque" ( which in turn contains other subforms ) which is not visible when I execute directly or see the preview. But, when I call this form through another transaction FBPM( This is for Payment medium work bench ) I am able to see this subform and its elements. I am not able to find out how SAP is hiding/ displaying this based on the calling T-code.

I looked at the XML code, but could not find any condition checks for this element.

Kindly help.

Mahesh.

• Helpful answers will be rewarded **********************************