Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieve xml from pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I would like to retrieve the xml data from my pdf form

I've created a pdf which get's data via a web service

when I save the pdf, the data retrieved by the web services isn't saved so I can't get the xml data

however, I found some code to replace certain tgas in the xml, put this in a button on click event, call the web service again

and afterwards the data is available in the saved pdf

->

any ideas on how to do this without the button ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I must admit I have no idea what is going on there. Maybe we can find somebody else to tell us. Looks like an interesting bug/ feature. Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi msapsdn,

did you found a soluation for this problem?

I have exactly the same issue.

Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

sorry for the late reply

but no, no solution so far

did you find one meanwhile ?

regards

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t understand the string replacement part. Why do you do that? Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Otto,

I'm doing that for no reason, I'm just playing around with web services and scripting

but I noticed that after the string replace the data is in my xml after saving the pdf

I also noticed that this only works when I work with 're-mrege', not with the 'postexecute' event

with postexecute and scripting (fill table) no data is saved in my xml

any idea's ?

regards

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to have the complete overview:

you have an offline form, that form calls the WS and gets some data, next the form is saved by the user, next the form is uploaded into the backend (some report/ custom transaction or something) and during the data extraction process, when you get the XML with data, you get all the data from the form except the data recieved from the WD. Is that right?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Otto,

yes, that's it

strange thing is that when I do that "string replace"

(see tread )

the data is in the xml

maybe it's because of the statement "loadXML" ?

regards

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t understand the problem. After calling the webservice the fields of your form are filled with data, right? That means the data are in the form/ in the fields and after saving the form you should see the same data in the same fields. I don´t understand why that would not work. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Otto,

yes, that's right, the data is stored in the pdf after the call of my web service

but, I would like to retrieve the data via an abap program, that's when the problem occurs

the xml received via my program is empty but, when I replace the data tga with the script I found and afterwards

save the pdf, the xml is not empty, I can see the data received via the web service in xml format

hope this explains it better

regards